Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
From the Horn of Africa (Read 5401 times)
Africa_Slinger

I love Slinging.org!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Re: From the Horn of Africa
Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 4:50am

Hi shabundi

Sorry for the late reply.

I am from Johannesburg in South Africa and it seems that alot of men talk about how they used their school uniform tie to sling stones when they were still little. Other than that I have not seen any one else with a sling even though everbody knows what it is when you show or talk to them.

Coenie

Keep your shoulder to the wheel&&Your hand to the helm&&Your eye on the ball&&Your nose to the grindstone&&Your ear to the ground&&And you will not have time to put your foot in your mouth.&&&&(unknown)

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 11:26am

I would second CA's request on this.
I print off the threads that are of intrest to me along with the pics.

Marc Adkins

Curious Aardvark wrote on Feb 12th, 2007 at 6:14am:
excellent pictures - but perhaps you might reduce them a little before posting in future. I got quite seasick scrolling back and forwards over the pouch pics Smiley

if you're not sure how pm me and I'll give you me email address so you can send them over for reduction Smiley

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 3:38pm

My solution?
I copied the photos into my drawing program.
There I can change size, store, enlarge to look at details.....

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

shabundi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 4:16pm

I drove outside of the city again today to take some pics of those hills that I mentioned earlier with the river rocks on top. I used the paint program to try and minimize the pic, so I hope it works.

I used the cars odometer to figure out how far my shots were going, and I was very disappointed to find out that I was overestimating the distance before. I guess if anything now, I'm more determined to go slinging more and see if I can get close to 200 meters.

Shihab

IP Logged

shabundi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 4:22pm

Well, it looks like the paint program thing work thankfully, and I do apologize if I've annoyed anyone with the previous large pics.

Anyway, here is a wider view of those river-rocks covered hills. Some locations are even darker then these, since the hills are more densely covered with rocks. However, not all the rocks are shaped perfectly, and a large number are cracked in half, as you can probably notice from  the previous pic.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 8:07pm

I'll have to keep that in mind next time Willeke

Marc Adkins

Willeke wrote on Feb 16th, 2007 at 3:38pm:
My solution?
I copied the photos into my drawing program.
There I can change size, store, enlarge to look at details.....

Willeke

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)