Digging for the Truth (Read 799 times)
don1
Descens

Take that, you scoundrel!
(at dog pooping on grass

Valhalla
Digging for the Truth
Feb 6th, 2007 at 9:37am

Watched, Josh Bernstein, on the History Channel yesterday.  He had a program about how Tutankhamun met his demise.  He was leaning toward homicide at first, but as the pgm warmed up, gave way to an accident that caused a broken femor--during the pgm, it showed the various war implements burried with the boyking...alot of bows and arrows, spears, swords, & chariots, etc....and a woven sling.

As pharoah, he was supposed to drive a pair of horses and shoot bow and arrow single-handed (tied reins behind his back (to demonstrate his kingly prowess) ...got to hand it to, Bernstein, as he demonstrated how it was done...all the other archers had drivers.   I'm guessing if he could do this, he could probably also sling from the chariot too. (?)

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Digging for the Truth
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 9:56am

It's possible to sling from a horse, so I imagine you could chariot sling as well. Plus, you can just keep the ammo in the chariot.
  As far as I know, the Egyptiand hired mercenary slingers during combat.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: Digging for the Truth
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 11:39am

man that would be lots of fun to sling from a chariot
talk about the abity to harrass the enemy

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris)