Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
broken 2 out of three... (Read 1385 times)
slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
broken 2 out of three...
Feb 1st, 2007 at 2:25pm

I went out this afternoon to a hill I spotted earlier, at first it seemed unreachable because of all the little rivers i coudnt jump over. but later i managed to walk around and find some bridges. then I was almost there, there was a fence with loads of barbed wire. so obstinate as I am, I kept on walking 'till I found a gate i could climb over. then I found a tree i could climb over to get on the hill.

I was there on top of the hill with shitloads of rocks. then one sling broke down, apparently the leather i use, is not leather, but just strong. (not that strong) second one snapped, same material... I only had Aussieslinger's pouch with rope, snapped, but pouch held firmly... ( it was only the knot that snapped) so i got the rope back on and slung the rest of my stones.

I tried to sling sitting, with helicopter style offcourse. went real good and seems to be really good for combat, actually no real disadvantages. advantages;
1) you can put all you ammo on the ground and take it in splitsecond
2) don't get tired of standing
3) fast reload because of 1) and dont have to get your sling up high

next attempt was to sling lying (errr, is this correct...?) down;
not handy but acceptable if real good camouflage is needed in field without big bushes

I think I managed to get good accuracy in 3 months (every week 3 hours slinging i guess), i.e. 60% on 50 m.
in what time did you managed this? is it normal to be so slow learning?

after all it was a great slinging day, just have to make new slings... better ones. thanks to Aussieslinger for his pouch that didnt broke. [ about the hill i mentioned; my dad told me later that it was a big dump covered with grass ]

Slingwizzy

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: broken 2 out of three...
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 12:37am

Way to go Slingwizzy! I don't recall having heard of any one slinging laying down. Now if we can get someone to sling standing on their head I think we will have covered everything. Grin   Thanks again.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 5:12pm

Lol  Grin

IP Logged

Africa_Slinger

I love Slinging.org!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 7:37am

Grin Lying down, thats great. What style did you use lying down? I imagine helikopter.

Very funny though.

Coenie

Keep your shoulder to the wheel&&Your hand to the helm&&Your eye on the ball&&Your nose to the grindstone&&Your ear to the ground&&And you will not have time to put your foot in your mouth.&&&&(unknown)

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 7:58am

helicopter indeed, careful that I wouldnt blow my head off Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:41pm

nice

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)