Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mwahahaha! (Read 2474 times)
Selin

Sydney, Australia
Mwahahaha!
Feb 1st, 2007 at 6:45am

This year's massive aussie medieval reenactment convention lists slinging in the main list of tutorials/comps! We're taking over the world!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

WWW Selin  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Mwahahaha!
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 7:09am

so is anyone going to this thing then ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Selin

Sydney, Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 8:47am

Yeah, course! Aparently the biannual conference is the biggest australian (+nz) gathering for medieval reenactors - check it out http://www.danelaw.org.au/XIVAMC2007.htm .

WWW Selin  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:18am

Yeah, but the Pennsic wars are still the biggest and the baddest. ( and the smelliest)

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 11:15am

lol I actully meant is there anyone from the forum going :-) And the website doesn't list slinging as one of the official comps :-(

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 12:42am

Selin,

Your post is so cryptic I guess you are the reincarnated oracle of Delphi. Tell us more.

Ludwik

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Selin

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 4:51am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Feb 1st, 2007 at 11:15am:
lol I actully meant is there anyone from the forum going Smiley And the website doesn't list slinging as one of the official comps Sad

Just me going from here, I think - you'd all be welcome to gatecrash of course  Smiley . And what I've heard about it, Pennsic sounds sooooo awesome, though truth be told I'm kinda glad I can't vouch for your pong in person! Just kidding.

Nah, the slinging part's under the 'program' - as of yet it's only for kids, but if I can get enough people interested it'd probably open to a wider participant group. And meeting up with the slinging organisers before/afterwards is always a marvelously avilable option.  Grin

This whole shindig is basically a massive camp to learn and share knowledge and skill. And obsess on the generic reenactment topic with a group of funky likeminded people. It's officially on on the easter long w.end (fri-mon), but unofficially from thurs-tues. It'll be my first camp - I'm so thrilled I feel like a hummingbird on ecstasy.

Oi Aussie, you're in Australia, you should come! Isn't it closer(ish) to you?

WWW Selin  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2007 at 12:49pm

Who is doing the instruction on the sling. I hope it's somebody who knows what they are talking about. Huh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 2:42am

Selin wrote on Feb 1st, 2007 at 6:45am:
This year's massive aussie medieval reenactment convention lists slinging in the main list of tutorials/comps! We're taking over the world!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

RESISTENCE IS FUTILE. 
Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)