Send Topic Print
New Sling pouch style (Read 658 times)
Admiral.Gallaway

Avast, me mateys, throw
'em to th' sharks

Wisconsin
New Sling pouch style
Jan 29th, 2007 at 5:20pm

well, I made a new sling yesterday, with some influence from the Etruscan sling on the wiki, it has six three-strand braids for sling pouch. Otherwise it pretty much regular. Has anyone tried this? Had any experience? Maybe I'll get pics eventually

IP Logged

don1
Descens

Take that, you scoundrel!
(at dog pooping on grass

Valhalla
Re: New Sling pouch style
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 9:24am

Ahoy, Admiral:

I've a nice selection of home-brew slings, too.  I take them all afield when I sling, and try each one at least once.  I find, however, my favorite is still the leather pouch.  I toss everything from 2oz. fishing weights, golf balls, tennis balls, stones, eggs, apples, oranges, lemons, limes, peaches  Shocked  well...just a lot of things...I guess we've all experiemented.   The leather pouch hasn't dropped a single item.  I especially worry when tossing the more leathal items.  The lead glandes has slipped through the slot of some of woven slings...only the g-ds know where the tangent went.

all the best,

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)