Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slinging articles (Read 623 times)
Selin

Sydney, Australia
Slinging articles
Jan 25th, 2007 at 7:37am

Well, jolted into action by ADAXL's awesome pdf find, I tracked down a few articles for y'all through my uni library. I'm not too sure about copyright or even generic access without passwords, so I thought it'd be a bit dodgy to post up here directly. Pm me if you're interested in having a peek, and I'll see what I can do.

Content-wise, they are:
*An archeological look at Greek sling bullets
*Sling stones of biblical times
*A prehistoric sling from Lovelock Cave, Nevada
*Roman army sling use and finds of lead shots
*Tissaphernes' lead 'bullets'

Yay, isn't this all exciting!  Grin

WWW Selin  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: Slinging articles
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 8:05am

Check out the textual resources section of the homepage. Most of these are already there with full references.
Although the more people looking the better chance we have of getting most of the ones that are available.
in short keep looking and let Chris know when you have located more. most of what I have found recently have had only a very passing reference to the sling so I have let those go by the wayside.

Marc Adkins

Selin wrote on Jan 25th, 2007 at 7:37am:
Well, jolted into action by ADAXL's awesome pdf find, I tracked down a few articles for y'all through my uni library. I'm not too sure about copyright or even generic access without passwords, so I thought it'd be a bit dodgy to post up here directly. Pm me if you're interested in having a peek, and I'll see what I can do.

Content-wise, they are:
*An archeological look at Greek sling bullets
*Sling stones of biblical times
*A prehistoric sling from Lovelock Cave, Nevada
*Roman army sling use and finds of lead shots
*Tissaphernes' lead 'bullets'

Yay, isn't this all exciting!  Grin

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)