Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print
Aussie POUCH!! (Available Again-Still Free) (Read 225278 times)
squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Aussie POUCH!! (Available Again-Still Free)
Reply #675 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 3:04pm

vonuberoydawg wrote on Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:55pm:
Any clue how long they take to ship from there to here???  I am having trouble waiting already, and It probably hasn't even been sent yet. haha  I am starting to test out other throw techniques I guess I have been using a naturalized byzantine style throw, it just felt right, but technically it might be a sidearm throw thing... i'm not really sure the difference yet, but I am enjoying using 2 different slings and playing around with different throw techniques with the different lengths/sizes.  can't wait to add another sling to my small but fun collection.  I tried my hand at a self made/figured out single strand paracord sling but it didn't really turn out the way I wanted, it doesn't cup the projectile the way I really need it to.

Uh.... Just going to warn you.
Aussie mailed mine Jan 30th, it got here in about a month. not bad for international mail.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

mauser_lover
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #676 - May 12th, 2013 at 10:04am

Two friends and I just became interested in slinging, and have been experimenting with different pouch designs, slinging techniques, etc. I just noticed your pouch that you have been giving away, and was wondering if you still are giving them away?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #677 - May 24th, 2013 at 3:36pm

Due to the untimely and sadly lamented death of Aussie on the 30th march 2013.
This thread is locked and there will be no more aussie pouches sent, please don't email or pm Aussie.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

greenlance
Tiro

Mediocre Geologist, Distracted
Hobbyist, Nerd

Madrid, Spain
Reply #678 - May 1st, 2014 at 6:17am

Aussie is amazing. He sent me a pack of a half dozen of his sling pouches about 6 years ago and I have used them non-stop. Still in great shape and holding up well. On some of them my braided nylon cords have worn out 1-2 times and the pouch still holds up! Going to the mountains slinging in Spain today with a friend who I just made a sling for, thanks again Aussie slinger. I'm down to my last pouch so I may have to hit you up for more soon. I owe you big time!

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #679 - May 1st, 2014 at 4:32pm

I am sorry to say... Aussie is no longer with us. He is now teaching the angels to sling.
CA, I thought this thread was locked....

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #680 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:43pm

Apparently not.  I've had the glue eventually give out on my Aussie pouches.  Fortunately it's no big deal to glue them back together. Besides that they last almost forever.  RIP, Aussie, and thanks for everything.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #681 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:18am

I got two pouches from Aussie, with a kind letter. One sling I gave to a kid, the other I carried around with me all the time with a tennis ball, for daily practice, until I lost it. Thanks, Aussie, for the gift.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)