Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print
Aussie POUCH!! (Available Again-Still Free) (Read 226834 times)
squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Aussie POUCH!! (Available Again-Still Free)
Reply #660 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 7:59pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 at 2:42pm:
Old conveyor belting from postal sorting machinery.

How on earth do you get that? I might have to just get one of these Aussie Pouches!

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

HunterGatherer

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #661 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:55am

Aussie pouches are seriously cool, and really easy to use - perfect for beginners! Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #662 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 6:04am

squirrelslinger wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 7:59pm:

How on earth do you get that? I might have to just get one of these Aussie Pouches!

I work for Aus.Post as a technician. I used to see lots of these old belts being thrown out and thought I'd put them to good use. Unfortunately our maintenance regime has changed and we no longer change belts so regularly. By the time they are changed they're pretty much useless but I still get a few good ones, enough to meet requests for sling pouches.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #663 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 7:20pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 at 6:04am:
squirrelslinger wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 7:59pm:

I work for Aus.Post as a technician. I used to see lots of these old belts being thrown out and thought I'd put them to good use. Unfortunately our maintenance regime has changed and we no longer change belts so regularly. By the time they are changed they're pretty much useless but I still get a few good ones, enough to meet requests for sling pouches.

Coolio... i might want one if you have some spares you dont need(a sling, not a belt!)

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Dragon
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #664 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:30pm

PM sent.

IP Logged

Mick
Descens

May your stone always
be well buried.

Brisbane/Redcliffe
Reply #665 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 8:17am

I wouldn't mind one if that's still an open offer. I'll send a PM one way or the other. Let me know if it's no longer an option though. I'm fine one way or the other.

Thanks mate,
Mick

IP Logged

Kjev

Limits exist only in your
mind

Reply #666 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 1:24pm

I have one of Aussiesling's pouches, and I love it.

This is an old picture of the sling I made with it. It's 8 strands of butchers twine (cotton string) braided in a 4-strand braid. Since I took the picture, I finished off with some knots braided from green flat paracord.

K'Jev  Cool
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"--Yoda

https://www.facebook.com/StormsForge
WWW stormsforge  
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #667 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:19pm

Wow! Number 201. I don't number them any more as I've simply made too many but it would be well over 500.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #668 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 9:18pm

I had two, gave one away, always carry the other with a tennis ball for slinging at walls (when picking up children from school, usually).

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #669 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 12:23am

I used to send only one per request but then I realized that I could send two at no additional cost which gave people a spare or one to give to others. I also used to have a notebook with everyone's names and the sling numbers but I have since mislaid it so now I don't know where I'm up to. Technically Kjev is my 201st customer.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #670 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:45am

I have a couple of the very first ones with the reinforcing stitches.

one day they'll be in a museum....
Thumbs Up

Just spotted a conveyor belt company on alocal industrial estate. Might pop round and see what they've got in their skips (dumpsters) Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

vonuberoydawg
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

New Milford, Ct
Reply #671 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:02pm

Hey, I saw this and thought... why not ask!  are you still sending free pouches?  i have made a few leather ones, but never a split pouch design and would be interested in trying it... problem is I live in Connecticut USA.  I am new to the forum, and if this is not possible I totally understand, just thought it was really cool that you were offering, even if the time has passed, or you wouldn't send it this far.  Its nice to see people doing nice things for other people.

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #672 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 12:40am

Fortunately I don't have to deliver them personally as the USPS does a fine job for me, so even Connecticut is no problem. PM me your name and address.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #673 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 3:13pm

vonuberoydawg wrote on Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:02pm:
Hey, I saw this and thought... why not ask!  are you still sending free pouches?  i have made a few leather ones, but never a split pouch design and would be interested in trying it... problem is I live in Connecticut USA.  I am new to the forum, and if this is not possible I totally understand, just thought it was really cool that you were offering, even if the time has passed, or you wouldn't send it this far.  Its nice to see people doing nice things for other people.

I also live in the USA.. the envelop had some super coolio Australian stamps on it!
Aussie is an amazing guy, and the pouches are great...
the issue is that I like them too much and have to replace one already! It is starting to show abrasion!
I am working on a rubber substitute, sewn.
_Squirrel

IP Logged

vonuberoydawg
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

New Milford, Ct
Reply #674 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:55pm

Any clue how long they take to ship from there to here???  I am having trouble waiting already, and It probably hasn't even been sent yet. haha  I am starting to test out other throw techniques I guess I have been using a naturalized byzantine style throw, it just felt right, but technically it might be a sidearm throw thing... i'm not really sure the difference yet, but I am enjoying using 2 different slings and playing around with different throw techniques with the different lengths/sizes.  can't wait to add another sling to my small but fun collection.  I tried my hand at a self made/figured out single strand paracord sling but it didn't really turn out the way I wanted, it doesn't cup the projectile the way I really need it to.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus)