Send Topic Print
One good shot! (Read 7516 times)
Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
One good shot!
Jan 16th, 2007 at 8:29pm

I was down at the parking lot of my workplace slinging rocks at the ocean yesterday morning.  A couple walked by and were impressed with my range.  When I was down to my last rock the guy came up to me and asked how accurate I was.  There was a pink plastic bag floating about 160 yards away.  So I said to the guy "against the wind, pink plastic bag!" and let go with a figure 8.

Now, I am not that accurate at 160 yards.  I knew I could get within 15 yards or so of the target.  But the shot landed right on!  The bag sank straight down with the rock.  and it was my last rock too!  so I just acted cool and left, leaving the couple wide eyed.   Cool

This is the stuff that legends spread from. Grin

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: One good shot!
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 8:42pm

Shocked

WoW!

15 yard radius would have been very impressive to me. To actually hit it is just incredible. Congratulations, Sir!

And hey, on top of it all, you may have saved some form of aquatic wildlife Smiley Tongue

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 6:21am

Hi Tint,

You are a legend yourself. All those videos! That car park must be pretty interesting place to visit.

"Not that accurate at 150m" you say. I don't practise for distance, but I can't even sling that far much less hit a little bag.

Godd Luck!

Aussieslinger

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

JustKnot
Descens

Lithuania
Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 10:34am

I could try hitting a car at that distance... big car... Roll Eyes

I've finally figured out what TINT means:

The
   In... (...credible, ...vincible, ...destructible, ...ternational... oops... I shouldn't write down all words from dictionary starting with IN...)
   Ninja
of Today
Wink Grin Cool

Keep it going Tint, just a bit more practice and you'll be able to hit apples put on people's heads at this distance Wink

IP Logged

Cliff
Descens

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 1:18pm

Wow.  That has got to be one of the most incredible shots anyone here has made.  Extremely impressive.  If somebody asked me about my accuracy I'd probably pretend to be out of rocks, or do something to spare myself the humiliation.  Good job!

paracord sling tutorial thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1196026630
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 2:56pm

When asked about accuracy:

"See that tree?" *vague gesture to 4000 acres of woods*
*inquirer turns*
*you sling*
*bang*
"Well there you go Smiley"

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 4:09pm

Nice shootin Tex.Who says slings aren't that accurate. Man that just plain old kicks ass. I bet that shot was all that you thought about for the rest of the day. Gives me goose bumps

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 8:14pm

good job Tint
I have had similar experance's lol Sweet whenstuff come together at the right moment

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #8 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 3:34pm

Yep had two of them in my life ..both were when I was in the military.
The first one we were doing a livefire with the 107mm mortar when some foreign observers came to watch us. One of the aiming points downrange was an old M-48 tank. While they were watching one of our rounds went through the open tank hatch and blew the turret clean off. we didn't know this untill the FO ( Forward Observers) informed of this fact afterwards.

The other one was our CO decieded to run his entire company through the gernade range. One of mine bounced and landed inside an old tire on the range sending it skyward.

Now for the sling I loaded a fist sized piece of sandstone and chuncked that thing 67 meters. Range wasn't so great but the rock was singing all the way Smiley
The othersling one was on my newly braided green Jutte sling I managed to send a rock about 100 meters into the treeline at my fathers house...There were some serious jawdropping when it occured mine included Smiley

Ok Gotta get back to work

Marc Adkins

lobohunter wrote on Jan 17th, 2007 at 8:14pm:
good job Tint
I have had similar experance's lol Sweet whenstuff come together at the right moment

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2007 at 6:44pm by winkleried »  

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

funda_iucunda

Watt den een sin Uhl is
den annern sin Nachtigal.

Germany (north of Hamburg)
Reply #9 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 4:20pm

Tint, I'm on my knees! I would rather endanger the spectators than anything else that is away more than 20 m.

funda iucunda

IP Logged

Cliff
Descens

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 9:18pm

CanDo wrote on Jan 17th, 2007 at 2:56pm:
When asked about accuracy:

"See that tree?" *vague gesture to 4000 acres of woods*
*inquirer turns*
*you sling*
*bang*
"Well there you go Smiley"

Out of a stroke of pure bad luck, I'd manage to send a rock an incredible distance through the forrest, and not even touch a single tree.   Smiley

paracord sling tutorial thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1196026630
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 2:26am

I just love when I hear stuff like this. And you handled it perfectly!!!!!! This truly is how legends are started!!!!!!!!!  OUTSTANDING......crowd goes wild.....

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 6:48am

160 yards with figure of 8 - that's damn impressive.
but I'm definitely with cando - I can hit any wood - despite the trees :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 9:06am

Cliff wrote on Jan 18th, 2007 at 9:18pm:
Out of a stroke of pure bad luck, I'd manage to send a rock an incredible distance through the forrest, and not even touch a single tree.   Smiley

I can stand about four meters in front of a tree with half a meter in diameter and manage to miss...(apache style).  Embarrassed

Congratulations Tint!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2007 at 11:21am by Dravonk »  

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 6:02am

Tint, is that couple related to the place you work in? Do they already know what a sling is??   Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy)