Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gloves for slinging? (Read 1137 times)
Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Gloves for slinging?
Jan 12th, 2007 at 5:07am

I read a bit in the rules for the Balearic slinging competition and there it says you are not allowed to wear a glove or any other item that might support you for slinging. But does a glove really support you?

In the Apache text it says you should take off any glove as it could reduce your accuracy. And the pressure that is applied to your finger can be reduced by making a broader retention loop and by putting leather inside the loop. Putting leather inside the loop is actually mentioned in the sling building instructions on the Balearic website so I guess it is allowed.

Edit: I looked at the rules again and it looks to me like you are allowed to use a sling that is fixed at the wrist. With a thick, leather covered retention loop I guess you can take a lot of pressure there.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: Gloves for slinging?
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 3:35pm

i use a wrist loop and gloves in the winter. doesnt really change much

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: Gloves for slinging?
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 10:03pm

Wrist loops makes a lot of sense.  It should take more pressure.

Somehow I just like the feel of finger loops more.  It's all about what you are used to, I guess.

If you feel better slinging with a glove I don't see why not.  It'll keep your sling finger prints free! Cool  and cause extra truble for those CSI people. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris)