Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Greetings from Aachen, Germany (Read 5563 times)
Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Greetings from Aachen, Germany
Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 2:23pm

It sounds like your split (pocket) is the wrong size, try to fill it with ducttape or medical tape.
If it is too small, and tape does not work, there is little you can do about it, but if it is too big, you can also make it smaller by sewing the ends together for a little.
But tape is the most likely help.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #16 - Jan 14th, 2007 at 3:28am

Yes, it is too small for tennis balls. Duct tape? Is it possible to remove that at a later point without damaging the yarn? For rough stones the thin braid works, I haven't yet found a round stone so I don't know whether it will hold them.

IP Logged

funda_iucunda

Watt den een sin Uhl is
den annern sin Nachtigal.

Germany (north of Hamburg)
Reply #17 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 3:48pm

Fine slings, Dravonk! The thick one remembers me to my own first sling made as well from packing strings. I still use it. But now I mainly use flax strings which are normally used for those rolled beef (Rinderroulladen). You can get 100 m rolls of it from "manufactum" quite cheaply. I take 12 of them (5 m each) for a sling that is 1m long from pouch to the end. It is stiff enough to hold the tennis balls. I prefer natural materials and flax is the best I could find so far.

funda iucunda

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 4:46pm

nice

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)