Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
a weird question (Read 6346 times)
Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Re: a wierd question
Reply #15 - Jan 7th, 2007 at 8:48am

I've put a thick candle into the pouch though I did not throw it. I did throw a bottle opener, but with only little power inside a room.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #16 - Jan 7th, 2007 at 9:16pm

Dried starfish, except they don't fly very well. Undecided

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:07am

There are no weird questions, just weird people like me, who comment on such things. Wink  Well, I have slung dusty stone residue from sedimentary rocks that disintegrated in my sling pouch from the tremendous centrifugal force of my "mighty" arm!  Shocked It was quite a surprise.

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

1srelluc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 4:32am

dork wrote on Jan 3rd, 2007 at 11:05pm:
I sling any thing I can balance in the pouch. skateboard wheels, chunks of watermelon rinds, cobs of corn, footlong hunks of two by four, small hunks of four by four, grapefruit, gords, handfulls of pea gravel. One revolution in my slings and any object can grow wings.

+1 -  If it fits sling it. When I have cookouts on the river food scraps and left overs no one wants just "fly away". I always have a few 550 para-cord slings with 6 in. pouches in the truck so my guests can get in on the fun. Heck, who does not love to sling food. A chicken leg can go a long way. After all cats and coons need to eat too.

BTW a damson (a plum-like tree fruit here in the USA) is a perfect slinging food. Just the right shape and size and around 1.5 oz. If you get them when they are green they are very hard. They keep well too.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:39pm

Pine cones.  When immature cones fall off a tree (or get knocked down bya squirrel or bird), they are fairly dense and sling well. 
White fir
is especially good; the immature cones are shaped like a glans, and are heavy with sap.  The downside is that they leak, and your sling pouch is going to get sticky with pine sap.

I slung a mature white fir cone once; it was fun to watch it fly away, with seeds stripped off by the wind of its passage.  It flew about fifty feet and left a three-meter-wide trail of seeds along its path.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

don1
Descens

Take that, you scoundrel!
(at dog pooping on grass

Valhalla
Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 7:24pm

Quote:
slung a mature white fir cone once; it was fun to watch it fly away, with seeds stripped off by the wind of its passage.  It flew about fifty feet and left a three-meter-wide trail of seeds along its path.
Dale

I bet that looked like parachutists exiting a C-130.

I hurled a deleted-expletive once...it didn't fly very well either.  Shocked

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 3:41pm

well yeah pine cones, also sticks and once I slung a giant seven legged blue polka dotted panda.

Is it just me or does anyone else ever get mixed up between what happened in a dream and reality ;-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Algoblin
Tiro

Reply #22 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 4:12pm

I slinged a battery, 9V. Was good Cheesy. Indoors, since it's a serious piece of trash. Floor hurt bad.

And on a sidenote, what does everyone PLAN to sling - after all it's not all impulse, accident etc. Roll Eyes

However, slinging a pancake should be considered crime.
Algoblin  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #23 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 7:20pm

dork wrote on Jan 3rd, 2007 at 11:05pm:
I sling any thing I can balance in the pouch. skateboard wheels, chunks of watermelon rinds, cobs of corn, footlong hunks of two by four, small hunks of four by four, grapefruit, gords, handfulls of pea gravel. One revolution in my slings and any object can grow wings.

I must agree with dork. only I might add charcoal, pine cones, bannana slugs, gobs of peat, rock salt, batteryies galore love those old D cells balls of wet yarn. Heck once i beleave A very used diaper wet flying and splat with that wonderful bright orange babies so love to produce

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Rahil
Tiro

:o

Canada BC
Reply #24 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 11:25pm

ive slung dog poo and my friend made me sling a water baloon wich i thought was normaly yellow (not water inside)  Embarrassed

(I wrote this when i was 12 but im keeping it for history sake) i can use a bow, im not very good at slinging but just starting to learn, i can fence good, throw spears well, build stuff, make a weapon out of stuff i find on the ground, staff fighting, i play basketball, football, and i can cook, know tons of knots, and im open to learn ANYTHING new.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #25 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 10:51am

I am planning to sling some size correct lead glandes. There is an old handball court near mee, and I want to see the damage to the wall and the glande. This way, when I do sling demos, I can pull out a damaged glande to give them an idea of the force of the blow.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #26 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 2:20pm

Now there's a thought - getting some clay and lead glandes (soon I think)

hmm, now where can I find a brick wall that nobody minds getting chipped ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Wyoming Shoshone River Valley
Reply #27 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 6:08pm

Apples with a rather large firecracker (M80) installed and lit... we were in college and the big rivalry football game was coming up...  a group of campus prima donnas committed to "guard the stadium" against pranks and all harm... we couldn't leave that one alone so we gathered some apples and set up about a block away... I cored with my pocket knife and inserted... my roomate lit and I lobbed lit apples into the middle of the stadium for an hour or so... they were running around going nuts trying to figure out where they were coming from (it was a dark night) and chasing shadows inside the stadium they thought were/might be the perpetrators... kinda like running a stick down the outside of a fence behind which is a barking dog...  by the last night before the game we were shooting arrows with attached handmade pyrotechnics (after all... we had to progress to a bigger bang) attached... my cousin is right... I really was a mean kid.

As interesting targets go... a few years before that we set up far off and rattled stones off an awning attached to the local house of ill repute.   The cop who responded thought we were on the roof in the oppostie direction from where we were... (yeh we kept lobbing... gosh that guy was sure in there a long time...).

They're right... confession is good for the soul.

George N

IP Logged

Rahil
Tiro

:o

Canada BC
Reply #28 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 8:36pm

haha, awsome.. Cool

(I wrote this when i was 12 but im keeping it for history sake) i can use a bow, im not very good at slinging but just starting to learn, i can fence good, throw spears well, build stuff, make a weapon out of stuff i find on the ground, staff fighting, i play basketball, football, and i can cook, know tons of knots, and im open to learn ANYTHING new.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #29 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 7:39am

apples with bangers I can happily applaud. But firing arrows into a stadium with people in - that's just mental not to mention bloody dangerous :-)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick)