Send Topic Print
Neckerchief sling (Read 1447 times)
jeordie
Tiro

Sling stones, not mud

Denver (metro), Colorado, USA
Neckerchief sling
Dec 31st, 2006 at 3:24pm

I was out 4 a hike earlier this year & found that a bandana folded cravat-style makes a good short range improvised sling. It's especially handy in thick cover and is suprisingly accurate with good ammo.

Low tech has a huge advantage

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Neckerchief sling
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2006 at 6:24pm

Greetings from Australia,

Great observation! I am also discovering the advantages of short slings for accuracy. Power is great but I would sooner have an air gun that I can hit things with rather than an elephant gun that only deafens them.

Aussieslinger

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2006 at 8:48pm

Aussieslinger, Jeordie,                                                                        
         Yes, the sling that I have been using for most of the past year is only about 14 inches from release
knot to pouch. Even so, I can hurl a rock TWICE as far as by hand. My accuracy has gotten to the point
that, if I concentrate, I can hit a tree trunk from about 20 paces maybe 80% of the time. My accuracy in
elevation ( how high up on the tree trunk ) is still pretty iffy, although I admit that I simply don't get to
practice as often as I would like. When I first found Slinging.org, I read a lot of the how-to and historical
articles. If I remember correctly, there is an example of an ancient Egyptian sling that is only a foot long.
That was why I decided on a short length when I made my sling and I have not been disappointed; it does
indeed seem to be easy to control.                                                                   .......Dan

IP Logged

Crazy Tom
Tiro

rock (1) bunny (none)

Denver Colorado
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 3:55pm

i think that i saw Chuck Norris use a neckerchief sling to kill something in a movie or a show Tongue... anyone see that???

Macgyver taught me how... ... ...

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:14am

Also, Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee II.

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man)