Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Plastic bag slings? (Read 4728 times)
Jaz
Descens

Re: Plastic bag slings?
Reply #15 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 3:36am

Maybe...
YES! I tried saving the picture as a jpg using a different program, and the forum let me attach it (Even though my computer had said the previous version was a JPG, it was acting as a BMP file - don't you hate computers?  Angry Angry Angry) This diagram goes with my first instructions post. Sorry about the delay.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2006 at 4:48am by Jaz »  

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #16 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 3:09pm

oh boy, plastic bag slings Smiley

Plastic bags were one of my first attempts at making slings and is actually one of my favorites(just because virtually ANYWHERE you go on this planet, you'll always eventually reach some sort of plasic bag...).

I have never tried fusing bags, just cut the bag into circular strips, then interlace them to form one longer strip. There is a diagram below that explains it well... Can make a fragile long cord in no time whatsoever.
Take 3 of these and braid them, you'll find that they're quite strong when finished Smiley

Laying the Circular strips down

Second Step

Third Step

Pull Slowly and it'll tighten real nice, if you break it just break it near the longer one and try it again.

Works great to be used for braiding or even making cordage.
I gotta see if I can find my old pics of my crocheted plastic bag sling... hmmmm

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #17 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 3:49pm

Willeke
ty thats kinda what I thought I guess I will try one because welding any thing interest me
So far I have elected to not make a damscus sling lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Jaz
Descens

Reply #18 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 5:03pm

Can't believe I didn't think of that, fi3l2. (I use that knot all the time for other stuff) The knots I tried tying left big bumps in the braid.

PS: Anyone noticed the crazy increase in most users online? From 18 to 51 or something in about a week! Now 62.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006 at 5:36am by Jaz »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Morphy)