Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PDF publication on the sling (Read 4931 times)
SEB

Oh dear...there goes the
neighbourhood

Netherlands
Re: PDF publication on the sling
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 7:13am

hello

Great article thanks a lot!

Sander

is it a bird? is it a plane? no, it's a...DUCK!!&&ffffFFFkadef!!...auw, that's not a duck, thats a rock!!

IP Logged

Cliff
Descens

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 2:56pm

That is a great find.  I have not read much of it yet, but later when I am not so busy I'll read the whole thing.   

ADAXL wrote on Dec 9th, 2006 at 1:25am:
postage to Europa tends to be high.

Yes, I can imagine that it could cost quite a bit to mail things to Jupiter's moons   Roll Eyes

Thanks again for the find, it seems to be a very valuable one.

paracord sling tutorial thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1196026630
IP Logged

Cliff
Descens

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #17 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 3:29pm

Ok some confusion was caused by this thread, and it's my fault.  The best way to explain what happened is to link to this thread:

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1164629621/30#30

It's about my Europe/Europa comment.  I was not trying to make fun of you at all ADAXL, I was just joking.  Looking back it seems like I was mocking you.  Believe me, I was not.  Thanks again for finding the PDF publication, I now have the time to finish reading it.

paracord sling tutorial thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1196026630
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #18 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 8:52pm

Cliff,

The fault actually is mine.  I enjoyed your pun on Europa.  I did not think it would be offensive to ADAXL or anybody.  But (being a pedant by nature) I could not resist explaining how most of Europe pronounces the name of their continent.  Except the English.  And the French.  But reading my post the next day, I became convinced that I had crossed the line between being informative, and being obnoxious.  So I deleted my post -- and thereby drew much more attention to the whole matter than had I simply left my post alone even though I thought I was exposing myself as an ... person with hooves, a braying voice and long ears.

Well, Willeke wrote (in another topic) that she wanted to have my braying restored, so I will yield to her wishes, as best I can.  Actually, what I did was go to Google, and use the Language Tools page to translate "Europe" to various languages.  It came up "Europa" in German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, and "Европа" in Russian, and it is pronounced "OY-ROPE-UH" in all those languages.  But the French live on the continent of "L'Europe".  And the English don't even live on the continent, they're on an island.  Oops, there I go again...

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #19 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 10:54am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Kick)