Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
here is a webpage i found... (Read 1111 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
here is a webpage i found...
Dec 7th, 2006 at 7:58pm

here is a page on slings that i found.  note the small tools that "DOC" made for himself to aid in the net tying proccess of making these slings.

http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/hunting/slings/doc/doc1.html

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: here is a webpage i found...
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 1:05am

Hey those look familiar! Looks like a good job - you need to be a little careful with pockets like this not to make them too deep but those are nice. Is there a Doc in the house?

Matthias

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 8:12pm

Would have loved to hear more about his technique to making those slings. Other than that I found the site to be just pics of his slings and the needles he used to make them.

Marc Adkins

siguy wrote on Dec 7th, 2006 at 7:58pm:
here is a page on slings that i found.  note the small tools that "DOC" made for himself to aid in the net tying proccess of making these slings.

http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/hunting/slings/doc/doc1.html

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 11:36pm

Have you seen the tutorial and pics I posted a ways back? The ones in his picture are netted in the same manner as my original pattern, with only one string used for the net. I've since switched to carrying multiple strands in the body cords, rather than working back and forth. If you search back on my posts for "net sling" you can find some instructions.

They work really well, are fast to produce, and are a good pattern to make with limited materials (or hand-made cordage).

I've switched to my knitted sling for everyday use, but I still really like these. There are a few pics of Andean slings of similar construction.

Matthias

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 4:58am

Here is a link to the famous netting instructions by Matthias: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1089355251/0#0

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Kick, Morphy)