Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Sports Connection?? (Read 722 times)
deschain
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

The Sports Connection??
Dec 6th, 2006 at 10:50am

Hey all,

So i was reflecting on my slinging experiences (which have been dreadfully few these last 2 weeks) and stumbled across an interesting connection (i think).

I was walking through a throwing session i had about 3 weeks ago with my brother when i realized that i am far more comfortable throwing with a baseball style (or weaver style) throw than i am with any other throw, especially the underhand. With the baseball style I can out-throw all my other techniques in both accuracy and distance/power. With my underhand throw, all i can do is accidentally put out street lights  Roll Eyes . I suspect that the reason the baseball throw is a better technique for me is because i grew up playing baseball, so the translation to the baseball+sling  throw was more natural.

And so, I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience? It stands to reason, but Im curious to see if it stands to common experience.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: The Sports Connection??
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 8:14pm

Oh yeah, I am a tennis player and the figure 8 (weaver style as you called it) comes naturally because of the similarity of movement between that and the serve.  In fact nobody taught me that style it just made sense to me to throw that way when I hold a sling in my hand.

IP Logged

deschain
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Re: The Sports Connection??
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 8:31pm

thanks for the reply. guess its one of those "goes without saying" ideas. at least it kept me entertained for a while.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick)