Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: New Forum!
Reply #30 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 5:24pm

I like the features of the new software too, it is just this one point I am missing. And for me it is a small thing, I can read the smaller print alright. It did still not work. I am told that in different browsers it might work but I use IE and am not that much computer savy that I will risk installing a new browser myself.

And we have gotten more posts per page now!

I have used a photo atachment feature in an other forum for a time now and often use it for a quick way to show a photo.
If you want to imbed your photo in your texts, as Dale tried, you can still use the old way, storing your photo online and adding it to the post using the img tags.

Just to try the new toy, this is a photo of where I have been slinging lately, a field left fallow.

Willeke

IMG_3872-2.jpg (105 KB | )
IMG_3872-2.jpg

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #31 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 5:27pm

i like it like this, alot like some other forums i have been to.  it helps a person that uses alot of forums for there to be consistency.  thanks chris and the mods for all the work. 

it is funny, i am pretty familiar with this format, so it does not really bother me at

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #32 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 8:40pm

Willeke,

I just brought up Slinging.org in Micro$oft Internet Explorer, and the mouse trick for changing text size, did not work.

Then I read Cliff's statement that he got it to work, and I opened IE again, and tried the mouse trick again, and it worked.

I'm confused.  Why did it not work, and then later it worked?

Very nice picture.  I am glad you found some open land where you can sling.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Stringman
Descens

Think meteorites, we are
not alone.

England
Reply #33 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 3:33am

Wilkie,

I browse useing firefox and the text size features work fine.  It is open source and said to be more secure than internet explorer.  It is also a tab based browser so one can open multipule tabs and then leaf through them, for me as a dial up user this is very useful as I can read one whilst others load in the background.  One does not need to be technically minded as instalation is just a matter of runing the .exe file.  It has good support and many add ons and I recomend it.  Installing it does not uninstall IE so one could try it and get rid of if it doesn't suit you.  When opened you it will ask if you wish to make it your default browser, just say no at first.  This is the official page for downloads.  http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ ; I have never had any bad software from this site but it is good routene to scan before running anyway.

Slings: bestowing the gift of flight on paralyised rocks from the textile age and before. It only takes a moment to help, please give your time generously.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #34 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 11:13am

Thanks, I did even try it.

Willeke
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2006 at 12:23pm by Willeke »  

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #35 - Dec 31st, 2006 at 9:01pm

Willeke,                                                                        
         My brother loaded Firefox a couple of months ago. At first I was somewhat dubious, but it has worked out very well for me. Oddly enough, there were some websites that I could not get in to before, but I can with Firefox.                                                                        
         Thank you for the picture! This looks like a very pleasant place. I assume this is somewhere in Amsterdam, or perhaps on the outskirts? Is that a building of some kind in the background?  Don't break any windows!!                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                  .......Dan

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #36 - Dec 31st, 2006 at 9:50pm

Dan,
I am 25 km away from Amsterdam here, and think small town european distances, there are 3 towns and a double handfull of vilages between us and Amsterdam.
The slingingspot, I reach the bush on the little lane, maybe 30 meter, the building is several hunder away, dreams for me to reach it. And no windows on this side either.

I have and use firefox sometimes, but I use a touchpad on my laptop, and firefox is reacting well on that.

Willeke

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)