geron
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

West Georgia
Re: Honest Accuracy
Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 1:11pm

Cliff wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 12:02am:
Stringman wrote on Nov 28th, 2006 at 8:06am:
like some space awareness equivelent of colour blindness.

I have the exact same thing Stringman.  I have to pace off distances, as I can not judge by sight at all.  If I saw a distance of 100 meters, l might say 50 or 200. 

Right Wink If I don't pace off the distance I can sling an object slightly over a 1000 m. Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Re: Honest Accuracy
Reply #31 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 1:13pm

lupis wrote on Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:14pm:
I took some of your advice and braided a new sling out of some jute twine. It is a bit shorter than my older para-cord sling and much lighter. I made this one to be just short of the ground when I am holding it in a ready position. I tried slinging a box of tennis balls I have at work and found with the apache style and a sort of up and sideways style I saw on a video clip. I am happy to say that with a better sling and consistent ammunition I was more accurate than I have ever been. I could hit a man sized target across the gym about 75% of the time with enough oomph that I would not want to be hit with the ball. The rest were close enough that I was not worried about it.
I can only get better from here. I am going to make another sling and try a different pouch length and maybe try to figure out how to increase the weight of the tennis balls without having them destroy stuff when they hit it.

Thanks everybody.

heres an older link (http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1142635736/0) that shows how to make a completely adjustable sling. You can adjust its length and pouch length. 

I dont use this sling as my main one.. but it definately helped me figure out different sizes that I would make my other slings (w/o the seemingly wasted effort of actually making ones Im not going to use).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker)