Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sling form (Read 1112 times)
buger

I love Slinging.org!

sling form
Nov 10th, 2006 at 9:57pm

how do yall youse your slings,i tried the over hand pitch but it wasnt very accurate,like a baseball pitcher.how do yall do it

IP Logged

Hammilton
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Re: sling form
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2006 at 11:03am

Depends what I'm doing. Overhand for closer stuff, and overhead@45 degrees for longer range. I've never been very accurate like that.

More than 120 yards I'll switch to a staff sling, which is also very fun for snowball slinging.

Anyone else think it'd be great fun to have about 30-40 people with slings out in a 40 acre field, slinging snowballs at eachother?  Have squads of staff-slingers, slingers, and trebuchets...  oh boy...  I've got this great public land with two big hills, a marsh of to the side w/ a big pond and a d**e.  Man, it'd be great!

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Re: sling form
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2006 at 4:53pm

Buger,

Is your overhand pitch the same as the figure-8*?  It took me several months to learn the figure-8.  I have learned around ten different styles, and this was the hardest to get right.  I could not get the figure-8 to work at all for a long time.  The only reason I kept at it, was that several other people said that they had no luck, no luck, no luck, and suddenly it worked.  So I kept at it until ... yup, suddenly it worked.  I wasn't accurate, but at least I wasn't throwing wild or hitting myself anymore.

Just keep working at it, accuracy takes time.  I'm still not that good, and I've been slinging for two years.

Of course, if your style is something different from figure-8, then my advice won't help much...

*Here are a couple of demonstration videos of the figure-8, from
Markus
and
Nwmanitou
.  The first is AVI format, the second is MPEG; I hope you can view at least one of them.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)