Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hebrew sling design??? (Read 15070 times)
bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: Hebrew sling design???
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 6:13am

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua wrote on Nov 5th, 2006 at 11:55pm:
God bless your heart BK,  you must try and verbally defecate on another's beliefs whenever that urge comes over you.  Surely there are many other forums you can inhabit which are more tolerable of your immature brand of intolerance.

http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/doctrine/redseacrossing.html

God bless all mis-guided children of the world!

Smiley

TS

Was I just insulted??? Huh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 7:07am

i belive you did. and i belive that TS felt insulted too (hence his post)

what i can't belive is that it tok you allmost two months to get it Tongue

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 2:16pm

The people of the Middle east in the biblical times made sling stones. They were made of either flint, or limestone, and up to 2 inches in diameter, so the pouch of the slings would hav to be big enough to accomodate the stones.
  Tech, if you could send me your complete address, I could mail off the info you asked for.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 8:41pm

Dear Mr. Stuff, I am very sorry that you took offense at my post. There was a question mark at the end that you perhaps did not notice. In any case, if your children are in fact misguided then you have my deepest sympathy. If they are not then I am sorry for your lack of humor and you still have my deepest sympathy. I offer my humblest appology for any slight you may have felt. That was not my intent to malign any person or group( especially the USMC ). Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2007 at 6:38am by bigkahuna »  

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #19 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 11:55am

Mordechaj wrote on Jan 23rd, 2007 at 7:07am:
i belive you did. and i belive that TS felt insulted too (hence his post)

what i can't belive is that it tok you allmost two months to get it Tongue

I'm a slow reader. Wink

John Walker  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 9:14pm

Wink

John Walker  
IP Logged

happy dragon
Tiro

Punk Rock Slinger

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2007 at 1:05pm

Since I am in Israel I will take some time out and check out the historical sling situation when I have a chance and post. If anyone has any specific question please post and I will do my best to try to find out what's what according to the curator who is an Israeli and definitely not an Israelite!! Cheesy

IP Logged

P.W._Smith
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Seattle WA
Reply #22 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 11:22am

Please do...I really would like to learn about the styles used...I can make just about any style of sling...(Balaeric, Peruvian, and solid woven pouch), but I just need a picture/description
Thanks,
Derek

IP Logged

wannabeslinger
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2007 at 2:54pm

well david was a sheep herder so it probably would of been made of wool

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #24 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 1:13am

The Hebrews would most likely have used the following sling design:

http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/gallery/shptwine1.htm

Considering the fact that the Isrealites were under tremendous 'peer' pressure to conform to the practices of their neighbors (the philistines, the moabites, etc), they would likely have used the slings characteristic to that region of the world.

Judges 20:16 "Out of all this people there were seven hundred chosen men left handed.  Every one of these was a slinger of stones to a hairbreadth and would not miss."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)