Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling Golf  Casting style (Read 2817 times)
Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Sling Golf  Casting style
Oct 28th, 2006 at 3:04pm

Found this url for sling golf on google video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2370221057242222319&q=sling+golf
Sort of a figure 8 wind up in front of your body..
I'll have to try this.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Sling Golf  Casting style
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 4:11pm

Good find!
To me it looks like a double fig 8, indeed in front of the body.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 4:35pm

Very nice!

There is another video there also, showing a sling golf game played in Cozumel.  The video is twenty-three minutes long.  Unfortunately, the focus is very poor.  Nice background music.  No sound, when somebody is explaining what sling golf is.  Nice demonstrations of underhand and figure-8 overhand styles.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7021796891530065756&q=sling+golf

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 4:56pm

Looked at the 23 minuite version and the front of the body 8 wind up segues into a conventional figure 8 for the cast in most cases. The sling they use I would consider very long, and the front 8 looks as if it is being used to build momentum for the conventional figure 8 cast.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 5:24pm

a good find, but in practice it would rely on great co-operation from the club involved. similar to "archery golf"

i don't think many golfers would like to see slings on the course. slings are against the rules

"The club shall be composed of a shaft and a head. All parts of the club shall be fixed so that the club is one unit. The club shall not be designed to be adjustable except for weight (see also Appendix II). The club shall not be substantially different from the traditional and customary form and make, and shall have no external attachments except as otherwise permitted by the Rules. "

so we won't see them as part of the golfer's armoury 

still, this is a good thing - slinging round a golf-course would soon sharpen up the skills

sv

IP Logged

ArizonaSlinger

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 12:42pm

Slinging will not be as exciting if it becomes mainstream to such a degree that golfer's start using slings.

IP Logged

Conteilboos
Descens

USA, Arizona
Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 5:12pm

Im wondering if, in the rules of sling golf, it says if you have to use that windup and type of throw? Or could you use any throw...? Cuz the figure 8 throw is not the most powerful throw out there (at least for me) and on the longer courses i would prefer to use a helicopter type throw for more distance...

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 12:39am

I have not watched the entire 23 minute video, but I believe I saw the demonstrator showing an underhand cast.  I wish the video had sound, he was obviously talking in parts of it.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 4:47pm

This is kinda interesting I have played sling golf on free golf corses never knowing there was such a org. Grin

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Conteilboos
Descens

USA, Arizona
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 11:53pm

K someone needs to make a PSGA TOUR and the British Crack open...LOL Grin

and YAY 100 POSTS FOR ME!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris)