Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
practice with out the sling (Read 1714 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
practice with out the sling
Oct 27th, 2006 at 8:02pm

Lately I have ben grabbing four or five good shaped stones And have put them in my right hand. Holding out front like I would the sling pocket. then I have been grabbing stones from my right hand with my left hand and coming around in a no wind up release. basicly use the same style to though the stones by hand as I would to hurl them with the sling. I notice right away that I make the same accuracy mistakes that way as I do slinging. They are easier to correct in the throwing
but once I go back to slinging the errors seem to stay corrected. Just thought I would pass this on.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: practice with out the sling
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 3:35am

Hmmmm Roll Eyes

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 9:45am

I think this all makes good sense with throws like the Apache, or others where there is a single well defined plane in the throw.

I found similar experiences with the Apache throw, but it seems to me that for figure-8's and so-on it doesn't hold at all. But then I suck at the figure-8.
Wink

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 3:10pm

I expect you are correct. But then my interest in the sling is mostly as a hunting tool so the simple throws are often better. but in reality I usaly think simple is better (kiss) (keep it simple stupid)

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 7:35pm

I agree with Lobohunter. When I can I try practicing slinging both over hand and underhand with almost no windup. When this is done overhand it is called Apache style I call the underhand style i use the inverted apache. Results have been spotty but so again has been my practice. Althogh it looks like I may have a large chunk of time this coming weekend to practice it with Smiley

I'll have to experiment with hand throws. hadn't thought much about it because well my throwing skills leave an awful lot to be desired.

Ok back to academia

Marc Adkins

Quote:
I expect you are correct. But then my interest in the sling is mostly as a hunting tool so the simple throws are often better. but in reality I usaly think simple is better (kiss) (keep it simple stupid)

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 8:20pm

honestly I throwing skills have sucked most of my life prior to slinging. But since picking up the ole rock and string They have much inproved

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 7:18pm

lately for some reason i have been leaving my slings behind but I have found great satifaction in throwing slinging style. Also I have notice both with and with out the sling that my hurling much inprove in accurcy after a few warm up's any body else notice that

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 3:51pm

I have found a few warm ups with out the sling increase acrusacy when the sling is used

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Chris)