Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sling With Adjustable Chords? (Read 3406 times)
Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Sling With Adjustable Chords?
Oct 3rd, 2006 at 4:35pm

I made a new sling, I used a pouch design I saw on this site before, making a slit in the centre and tying it overlapped. I dont remember who it was who did this but they get credit for it.

I tied it back with sinew
Then I made chords dyed with vanilla and soysauce with an extra adjustable chord so they sling may be any size I like it to be!

When its fully done, it will have some leather additions, leather handle and leather finger loop soon as well!

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Sling With Adjustable Chords?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 4:48pm

i believe altay has slings that are all string with adjustable cords, and pouch and finger loop as well. (it is sad he left here because he spent too much time here.  he still slings often though, which is good)

nice looking sling.  what sort of leather do you use?

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 8:09pm

Just deerskin.
Its pliable and very durable.

How would you make a self retracting sling chord?
I would wish to have one.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 7:41am

vanilla and soysauce? Shocked I know very little about dye but that sounds tasty. 8)

What do you mean by self retracting cords?  Techstuff mentioned using elastic material to keep the release cord close to the hand for faster reload but I haven't seen one in picture yet. Undecided

Very good looking sling, Bjarn!

siguy,

Are you still in touch with Altay?  Can you say hello to him for me?  Even if he doesn't want to spend too much time here he can still drop in from time to time!  Come to think of it......... HE MISSED MY VIDEO!!! Angry

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 12:07pm

I thought of the elastic too but then I imagined being smacked in the face when it came back Tongue
It was tasty! I drank the vanilla tea first.

It is too bad Altay is not here anymore.

WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 5:39pm

yeah i am still in touch with him over on his own message boards, which are far less involved than these it seems.  you can check it out here if you want to drop by and give him a visit. 
it is a shame, but he said he was spending so much time here that it was interfering with his school work, so...

deerhide is good bjarn, it is what i use often.  i like that it does not get stiff if it gets wet.

by self retracting sling cord, maybe something like those little retractable cord keyring devices that clip to your belt, like this one:
http://www.keyreels.com/photos/Key02.jpeg

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 7:53pm

If I can find some of those I will try them! Thanks!

Is that Altay's forum about everything? Wink

WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 8:18pm

those self retracting sling cord devices will only stay extended if a certain amount of weight is put on them, so you may have to use heavy stones.  also, i worry about the force put onto the spring, which is a thin peice of sheet metal wound around a core of plastic, and how the spring would stand up to this.

yes bjarn, you are correct.  that is altay's forum of everything

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 1:29am

More than 400 posts here ... 803 posts in his own personal forum ... where does Altay find TIME for things like school?

Siguy, thank you for the link to Altay's site.  His list of free software is worth much all by itself.

Hey, I've been here two years now, and this is the first topic EVER that got moved from somewhere else to the General Discussion forum!  Usually it's non-sling stuff posted in G.D. that gets moved elsewhere.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 1:42am

Dale,
only a short while ago I moved the thread Slings from other weapons to the general area  Grin

Shows that we mostly do it so that you are not aware of it. We do a lot of work and you do not see it.  Cry

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 4:53am

don't be  Cry

that's the right way to moderate a board.

this way you do it like a surgeon with a scalpel.
there is an other way too - but that's more like a butcher with a meat cleaver.

so, as long as we don't notice your moderation, that means that you are doing the best moderator job i have ever seen on net  Wink Smiley

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:51am

Willeke,

I know that you and the other moderators do a lot of work to keep this place running smoothly.  Like a few months ago when we were getting spammed.  I do appreciate the work you do!

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 11:20am

Oh Yeah i can identify with that. Smiley

Marc Adkins

[quote author=siguy link=board=1;num=1160013137;start=0#5 date=10/04/06 at 17:39:36]it is a shame, but he said he was spending so much time here that it was interfering with his school work, so...

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 2:27pm

self retracting sling cords, hmmmm.
I suppose you could use earthworms, they retract very fast :-)

The adjustable cords look interesting, but what's to stop them lengthening when you sling something with force ?
(checks picture again) nope can't see how they'll stay put if any force is applied.
is it a special knot ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #14 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 2:48pm

perhaps they are the taut line hitch, used to keep tarp and tent lines tight on stakes, i can't tell on that pic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy)