Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
An absolutely delightful day!! (Read 2013 times)
MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Re: An absolutely delightful day!!
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 10:55pm

5mm cords is about the diametre I use. That's what they sell at the local hardware store in terms of cotton cord, and so that's what I got! I like it. Yes, its heavy and thick, but it;s not so bad as to be like swinging a mooring rope or anything and it's very durable. I like my slings to last a long time, personally. The longer they last, the more I feel I get used to them and how they perform and the better I get with them. And personally, I usually find that conciously aiming with a sling tends to overload the ole mental computer. Just let natural coordination and subconcious physics do their thing, I say! I dont need to know how it works, just that it does.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #16 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 11:00am

i agree with you entirely mammothhunter i never Really think of where i want to aim and still seem to be able to hit my target (big plate of wood) most of the time, when i do miss the projectile goes over instead of left or right so i guess i'm doing Something right Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

southpaw
Descens

Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 6:04pm

Interesting! Shocked
So, you don't conciously aim...How do you focus on your target??

Also, how do you release on the fig. 8?
Do you release sorta off to one side or is the sling directly overhead?

8)

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #18 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 6:09pm

i end figure 8 (for all those who where on the meeting Yes i did figure it out Grin ) like i end greek overhand so i guess thats a yes from me Grin

as to how i focus on my target...i don't really i just throw my tennis ball like i would do without a sling.my brain has adapted so it seems to the sling lengthning my arm (took it long enough)
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2006 at 4:59pm by Taiki »  
Taiki  
IP Logged

Thori
Descens

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 11:55pm

Regarding cord width, I use a braided/woven jute twine sling whose cords are mostly flat and probably 1 to 1.5 cm across, and haven't had any problems with them.  Even with lower-powered throws, I can still get a buzz out of 'er.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris)