Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i found these on you tube (Read 3388 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
i found these on you tube
Sep 7th, 2006 at 7:40pm

this guy tells about the sling in these two videos.  he seems to pretty much know about what he is talking about, but he is really quite lame and he takes forever to get to his point in the first video

how to make a sling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIoksV2PwXg&mode=related&search=

how to use a sling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSreXRMhrO4&mode=related&search=

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Re: i found these on you tube
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 10:46pm

This is slightly off topic but I just wanted to say that I love you tube, anything you want to see or hear is all right there.

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 10:39am

and qiute a bit of things that you don't want too.

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 10:45am

Quote:
and qiute a bit of things that you don't want too.

EDIT: for crying out loud HE IS SO SLOW!!

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 11:38am

It is so slow that I have clicked on the 'how to sling' video for 13 minutes ago now and it is still not working  Angry

I am going to watch Tints video instead, much better  Cheesy

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

cipher20
Tiro

NJ, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 1:15pm

Yeah that was a little painful to watch him try to get that second string through.  I don't quite agree with the cupped pocket either.  It's really unnecessary unless you are slinging smooth spheres and it can be detrimental if you try to sling anything else.  I think flat pockets release the ammo much more consistently.

IP Logged

Æthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 1:21pm

Who is this "Jesse Hensel" and why is he not on Slinging.org?

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Æthelbera  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 6:39pm

yes, he is quite pathetic at threading string through the hole, and he should have edited that part out.  oh well

the cupped pouch won't make a difference for release time as long as that is what you learn on, you will automatically compensate for it.  it will increase friction though, ultimately lowering power and distance.

i have no idea who this guy is, and i don't know why he is not here.  maybe he was here in teh past and left.

i found his video while following teh paths from tint's video to whatsisname, the newer member who posted a video not so long ago, and then from there to the video

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2006 at 7:48am

Has anybody really seen the 'how to sling' video ?
I have tried to see this several times, the last time I gave it half an hour before I gave in. All I get is a black screen with the word 'loading'

Is it worth spending the effort on? Or is it going to be a disappointment when you finally watch it, like the how to make a sling video?

(I have no problems getting any of the other videos on the site.)

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2006 at 8:17am

Well, he may be slow, but consider that he made a sling in eight and a half minutes!

On the other hand, I have been waiting for his "how to use" video to load, and I watched three videos on trebuchets and two videos on model rockets in another window -- and all I see is a black screen bearing the word "Loading" in white.  I don't think his how-to video works.

EDIT: Half an hour later: it is still loading...  I give up.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2006 at 2:51pm

the how to video worked fine for me, but it is not so special that you should be waiting around for that long for it to load.  he just talks about the underhand for a minute, and then does an underhand cast.  nothing special

IP Logged

jessehensel
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 2:43pm

I am sorry that I never chanced upon your site before. I made these two videos as part of an internship a Squid-Labs (www.instructables.com). I planned that the “How to Build A Sling” video would be edited so that it wouldn’t be quite so long and boring. However, my co-worker posted it before I could get a chance. The only redeeming factors to its current length is that it demonstrates how long it actually took to make, and any one would be able to construct a sling in the same time period. I love the photos section of the site; you have built some beautiful slings. I would love it if other people would post step-by-step instructions on how their slings were constructed and the merits of different designs. It would also be great to see videos on YouTube of more complicated release techniques. I haven’t been able to get the over the head technique down and it would be very useful to see a video of someone who has mastered it. I am sorry that some of you had trouble loading the videos; they are not really worth watching if you already know what you are doing.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #12 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 2:54pm

Welcome jessehensel
Thanks for explaining.
Did you look for the 'movie' symbol on the article pages?

This is one of my favourites, Slinging Styles - David Taylor: http://www.slinging.org/21.html

I would like to explain how I made my slings, but I did not take photos while making them, and making them again will take so much time, and the photos would be hard to take, wrong angle and so.

Willeke

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #13 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 7:23pm

Welcome, Jesse!  I am glad you found us!

You have to do some looking, but there are a number of people here that have posted how-to's, in varying detail.  Matthias, just a couple of days ago, showed how to weave a pouch, separate from the rest of the sling.  I built a similar jig out of a couple of cup hooks and a piece of wood, and I am halfway through weaving one for myself.  See his posts in "
How to make a weave sling
".  Some of us have detailed how to make slings with leather pouches; Ajlouniboy has some fancy asymmetric ones (his
cobra sling
).  Zorrro gave
very detailed instructions
for making a sling from nylon cord and adhesive tape (the stuff from the first-aid kit works well, so does duct tape).

Have fun!

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #14 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 8:47pm

Hey Jesse!

Welcome to the forum!  Slinging videos are rare.  You are one of the first ever to put one on youtube!  And they certianly were worth watching.

I put a video on on youtube also.  it is titled "Slingpro by Tint and his brother".  The video is a display of all the release techniques that I know.

You can find a link to it here:

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1156823087/0#0

The Zorro sling that Dale have listed on his post above is the kind of sling that I used in the video.  It is by far my favourite design.  I have made tens of them ad they all work well without exception.

Cool internship.  How did you do?

Glad you found us, see you around!

Tint

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, Chris, vetryan15)