Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
windridge farm article (Read 4104 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
windridge farm article
Sep 3rd, 2006 at 11:29am

I now have in my grimy paws a copy of the excellent article " Lead sling shot from Windridge farm, St Albans, and the use of the sling in the Roman army" by SJ Greep. It was originally published in Britannia magazine in 1987.
  I got it off a site called jstor.com, a wonderful site dealing with history and articles on science. It is, unfortunatly, available only to college libraries. I would be willing to make copies of it to send to people.
  I will talk to a friend of mine ( we badgers aren't really computer savvy, after all, you try typing with inch long claws) about putting it on disc, so I can email.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Re: windridge farm article
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 4:37am

I'd like a copy if you up to it.

nightweave

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 12:47pm

if you are able to do that, i would like a digital copy.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 7:11pm

let me see if i can pull it up during work tomorrow. But yeah go ahead and add me to the list.

Marc Adkins

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 11:37am

I'm having a friend put the article ( and all the rest I have ) on discs. As soon as he is done with it, I will send it out to you.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 8:02pm

then maby some of you can upload it?  Smiley

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 11:43pm

upload them to the wiki if you can.

Thanks Nightweave

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 10:11am

Well, I gave it a shot, and it won't work. I would have to e mail you the 22 pages one at a time.
  So, rather than tear apart the!! @@**# Angry computer apart with my bare hands, anyone wanting the article can send me their address at slingbadger@aol.com, and I will mail them a copy. 
  PS It wouldn't be the first time I did it!!

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2006 at 12:13am

Actually I manged to get it as a PDF on JSTORs webpage and printed it out that way. You should be able to get it that way and download to your system.

Oh yeah nice article thanks for alerting us to it

Marc Adkins

Quote:
Well, I gave it a shot, and it won't work. I would have to e mail you the 22 pages one at a time.
 So, rather than tear apart the!! @@**# Angry computer apart with my bare hands, anyone wanting the article can send me their address at slingbadger@aol.com, and I will mail them a copy.  
 PS It wouldn't be the first time I did it!!

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)