Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hej slingers in Helsinki! (Read 1905 times)
Demagogs
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Riga, Latvia
Hej slingers in Helsinki!
Aug 29th, 2006 at 3:28pm

This saturday and sunday there is a Viking-like event taking place in Pukkisaari island (did i write it correctly?). Right in the middle of Helsinki. So if any of finnish slingers happen to be in the area, you could drop by to sling some stones. I just hope that island is rocky enough. Otherwise its potatoes again Wink
You'll recognise me by a bunch of slings hanging from my belt. Or just find some Latvians there and ask for Reinis.

See ya there Smiley

Reinis

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Re: Hej slingers in Helsinki!
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 7:09pm

Lucky Cry

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Nakki

We sling in Finland too

Finland, Espoo
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 9:12am

I try to get there, but I'm not sure if I can make it. By the way if you wanted to greet in finnish write hei, hej is sweden.

Dum spiro, spero.

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 2:49pm

Oooo... Vikings and... Stuff. Sounds spiffy. I may be going to Helsinki on sunday in any case so I might just have to check that out. Exactly what kind of an event will it be?
I did find a site that has to do with, but didn't quite figure out everything that will be going on there. They've built some iron age esque buildings there, but there probably is a lot more to it.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 3:49pm

Cry Take me with you Cry

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Demagogs
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Riga, Latvia
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 4:39pm

Well, actually i myself don't know what exactly will be going on there... Smiley
But from what i understand there will be Viking-stuff market, i guess some bloody (or not) fights on sunday, archery maybe (i'll be bringing some of my bows, so we'll be able to shoot some), usual such medieval-viking-whatever age festival stuff. And slinging, of course!
So if you are in Helsinki, you could as well come and check it out.

IP Logged

Antti
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Finland
Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 1:01pm

I try to be there..

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 12:55pm

Meh... Me and some others were supposed to be there yesterday, but laziness got the better of us. We were supposed to get going, but I took way too long to get to my friends place and one of us was somewhere cruising on a boat and blah blah etc.

Eventually we just decided to go slinging since the event was pretty much over. I never got that paint for finishing them WH minis either. Damn. Whatever, it was fun nevertheless, we watched the ever frightening "pimp my ride" too.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:46pm

Curious, Kabebar, how might a finn pimp his ride in a finnish way?

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Luumis
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 4:28pm

Damn i got excited but then realized i was a month late  Undecided
Well, no can do. Please tell if you're coming to Helsinki and want to go sling a rock or two!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Sep 30th, 2006 at 1:29pm

[quote]Or just find some Latvians there and ask for Reinis[/quote]

Now working on the principle that I'm english. How exactly do I 'find some latvians' mingled amongst a bunch of scandanavians ?

Some day this might be a useful thing to be able to do :-)
(forget the sling on the belt - presumably that would just be you reinis, not latvians in general)

On a similiar note (just so people don't think I'm being racist, lmao) to find the englishman in a crowd of non-english people. Look for the frustrated red faced man speaking very loudly and slowly saying: ' do you speak english ?'.
The odds are if alcohol is available he'll also be drunk :-)

On a personal note I went to copenhagen a few years back in early december. I was very easy to spot. The only one in the entire city wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. All the danes were in coats, gloves and woolly hats. It was around 17 centigrade. Which in december I consider that to be pretty warm and definitely shorts and t-shirt weather :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Chris, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy)