Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SLINGING.ORG Then & Now (Read 954 times)
mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
SLINGING.ORG Then & Now
Aug 26th, 2006 at 9:21pm

I've been on and off the forum for a few years now.  Interesting to see how the topics have changed.

In the earlier days, LOTS of discussion to develop slinging styles that would work.  A breakthrough was nwmanitou's fig 8 video.  Also, others.

Lots of discussion re grips.  And we weren't even sure a grip and technique existed that could launch an ellipsoid glande like a  "football pass".

Lots of investigation of historical mentions of slinging.

Much chat & experimentation re sling construction methods.

Even some oddball things tried, ....super-long slings, super-small pockets, 3-string slings, wire for cords, etc., very light/heavy ammo, odd ammo shapes.

Now I suspect that most of what has ever been known about slinging has been recaptured or recreated, and exists on this forum.  An exception might be how to use very light (30gm and under) ammo effectively.

But still, quite an amazing accomplishment, and a demonstration of the power of many minds working together.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: SLINGING.ORG Then & Now
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2006 at 9:51pm

yes.  now that most of the largest topics have been covered we talk about alot of other things, less concerned with slinging, except for new finds and experiments.  i find alot of new posts about slinging are actaully re-examining the info already found, which is good, since it never hurts to double check.  i have been here only for a few months, and i see alot of the same changes you do, especially the expansion of the forums from three topics to six, and the members list reaching around 700, though the solid community of actual members is smaller.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 6:09am

i'm still waiting for that tint's video of knoll's disk throwing-like style.   (it may be as big find as and nwmanitou's)

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 9:13pm

This will always be the case with new people coming and going. Interestingly things like the wiki formalise the information on the message boards making a lot of repeat questions more manageable. It's the reason I have been slowly moving through the messages from start to end to see if there is anything useful for the wiki.  This way it's search-able, clean, and hopefully with help logical.

nightweave.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 11:51pm

Mordechaj,

Thanks for the confidence in my upcoming clips!  The uploading is taking longer than I expected.  I'll be done soon, I promise.

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 11:08am

...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 11:42am

Peanut butter, jelly time? ???

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)