Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Homemade Armour (Read 4006 times)
Homer_The_Greek
Novicius

Homemade Armour
Dec 1st, 2004 at 9:42pm

I know amour isnt really a weapon, but acouple of my friends would like to have a war. We dont use slings, but we use Aerosoft guns, these little pistols with a spring and a plastic pellet. Roll Eyes Hurts like hell when you get hit, especially with the automatic machine gun Shocked. I'd like to know any kind of cheaply made armour.

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Re: Homemade Armour
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:20pm

Maybe this should go in the other forum, the one for non sling weapons like bows and such?

Anyway, just wear hockey gear(or football gear if you are in the US, or like I suggested before your short pants if you live in Australia)

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:23pm

Why did you look up my old mate Ned Kelly on the internet and see what he can provide for you on making homemade armour? After all, he went up against the australian police force in his! I mean, sure, he died, but he wasn't killed in his armour! He was, sorry to say, hanged, but at least not in his home-made helmet and cuirass. Basically, I think he took a bucket for the helm and cut a slit out for the eyes and welded a boiler for the body, with scrap metal for the arms, but strangely forgot to armour himself below the waist, which is uhhh, where he kinda caught a bullet in the upper thigh. All the same, it was a good go of it, you have to say. Look up Ned Kelly, see what you can find. All else fails, it's a hell of a story if you haven't heard it before, eh?

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:25pm

I heard a rumor that somewhere they were working on a ned kelly movie, but I haven't heard anything about it lately.

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:30pm

Wow, I'd definitely go to see it! It was always one of my favourite stories as a kid and even now as an adult, I love reading about Ned Kelly and how he faced the Victorian police force. never fails to bring a smile to me for some reason.

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:55pm

Check it out this site has pictures of the armour!!!!
http://www.ironoutlaw.com/html/armour.html

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 3:52am

just were some baggy overalls in england thay dont use any it cuts out on the 'i got you ' ' no you didnt'
while im at it is american football a hard mans soccer (we call it football) or soft mans rugby i think the later

listen to old people

IP Logged

mammotHunter

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 8:10am

i was on the school rugby team here one time, so I can tell you from experience it's a brutal sport, and one that allows any participants from that point onwards to laugh at football players anytime they want. No pads, no break (except on the numerous bones involved) and guys the size of maytag refrigerators running down at you for a 28 centimetre long piece of leather filled with air.

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 8:17am

hey, thanks Mike for the great ned kelly info! Like I said, it never fails to make me smile thinking of kelly lurching forward in that huge armour, with the bullets bouncing off him and firing his pistols like some crazed apparition!

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 10:26am

I've never done airsoft, but I've played many paintball games. Unless airsoft rounds hurt much more than paintballs, which I very much doubt, you really just need to grin and bear it. Cheesy

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 11:30am

Ned Kelly is a hero of mine, and I saw the movie, which starred Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom.  It was - in a word - awful.  It portrayed Kelly as this hero of the masses or something and here's the thing:  He was a brutal cold-blooded killer, but I like that.  He was random and a bit thick (he was, after all, Irish), but his armour was cool, and he had the balls to go up against an organised British police force with rifles in a bucket and some iron sheets.  Nice.
  American football is soft rugby, and it is boring.  I have never liked Rugby, in spite of a family connection:  my grandad played professionally, for Sale (who were actually quite good) after the war.  But I just connect it to standing on freezing fields in little more than shorts and rugby shirts, with dry, muddy hands, getting tackled by enormous, sadistic PE teachers.  So... I don't like it much.  Not so much the violence (I love ice hockey for instance), just the fact that you get so muddy for no real reason.

IP Logged

DCR

Cute slogan pending. ~Management

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 5:32pm

I s'pose you could secure magazines and phonebooks to your body with duct tape. Hey, it'll keep ya from gettin' shanked in prison.

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 6:45pm

The best shank defence is a good shank offence!

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #13 - Dec 3rd, 2004 at 6:20am

rugby great fun im relitivly short but i love the brutality of it i enjoy sports you can (feel)

listen to old people

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)