Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Entering the fray (Read 4253 times)
Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Entering the fray
Aug 17th, 2006 at 3:51pm

Hullo fellow slingers. I'm a 15-years old chap from Finland. I'd been just lurking on this forum for a while and now, finally for no apparent reason I decided to register me one of these account thingamajigs. Obviously I, just as probably everyone else here, am a sling enthusiast. I've been slinging for roughly four months now, and unless I'm simply going bonkers I'm actually starting to hit stuff a bit.

My other interests include Warhammer (Skaven. Kill-kill the man-things!), anime & manga, bows and pretty much any spiffy weaponlike thing that is fun to swing around, computer & console gaming, role playing like D&D, and music. I don't play an instrument or sing or any such thing, I just listen to it. I like a lot of black/doom/death or just good ol' Heavy metal, but being the anime-tard I am, I actually like some of that weird japanese pop that causes ear bleeding to most, not to mention soundtracks and game music which most of my playlist actually consists of. Lately blues has been popular with me too, probably due to re-watching Cowboy Bebop.

Hopefully there'll be lots of fun, refreshing inane banter and possibly some coherent discussion with everyone. Wink Kebabar out. ::radio noise::

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Re: Entering the fray
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 4:16pm

You sound just like a Tr00 Finn my friend!
Black/doom/death ja slings!
Welcome friend! Grin Grin Grin Grin

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 9:00pm

yeah bebop is awesome.  hey do you happen to listen to puffi ami yumi at all?  i like that song by them "destruction pancake", though i don't know if that is the real name for the song since i got it off the web a long time ago.
funny, it sounds like you have alot of the same interests as i do, and you sound a good deal like my former self.  i have sortof grown out of the anime thing, but i still appreciate a good anime or manga every once in a while.  i am betting that you and taiki will get along well too, as he has similar interests in some ways. 

anyways, welcome to the gang.  i wish you many more strong slings and true glans.

which reminds me, what sort of sling, style and ammo do you use?

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 11:15pm

Welcome to th forum!

Which anime and manga series are you into?  I am a huge fan of Cobra, Macross, City Hunter and a whole bunch of others.  Saving money to get The Bubblegum Crisis on DVD.

see you around!

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 1:17am

Puffi ami yumi? Never heard..
My sling isn't anything special really, just a piece of duct-tape reinforced 'leather' and two cords. Not really sure about the material. Some synthetic stuff. I used to have a wooden handle too, but I found a fingerloop better once I tried it.

As for what anime and manga series I'm into... Oh man there's a ton and some tons more of those. My recent favourite is Eureka Seven that contains hoverboarding mechas, two lasses with odd hair color and in my opinion a great story too. I still haven't seen any E7 dvds being sold in Finland though.
Currently I'm watching: Black Lagoon, Blood+, Ergo Proxy, Monster, School Rumble Second Semester, xxxHOLiC, Yakitate! Japan, Ouran High School Host Club, Night Head Genesis, Sergeant Keroro, Zero no Tsukaima, Utawarerumono and Innocent Venus. That's right, 13 series at once.  Cheesy Luckily or unfortunately most of the subs pop up pretty scarcely so I can watch it all and have time left for other things too. I'm collecting just three manga series now and those are xxxHOLiC, Yotsuba&, and Rozen Maiden which has these german made dolls that beat the snot out of each other to get some rings and become Alice, the überdoll or something. And that's utterly awesome if anything ever was.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 9:06am

i think Siguy might have a Very good point on us getting along just fine(we get along ok too huh Siguy?TongueGrin but thats a Lot of anime to get through  Shocked me its just bleach and naruto right now since i get get my hands on anything else.. kenshin was always a big favorite though (the movies more then the series) still i'm also looking for blood+ subs can't find any over ep 4  Undecided

owwell enough jibbering and walcome to the forum Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 2:37pm

yeah we get along just fine taiki and i  Grin
but yeah naruto is huge.  i think it is over 200 episodes total, so that is like three times longer than alot of the others out there.  he any of you ever see fooly cooly?  that was so messed up and hilarious.  only six episodes though  Cry  oh well, short and sweet.

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 3:42pm

Actually naruto is going to get to the big cape of 200 in 3 weeks (And i hear that the filler is going to be Finally over Shocked..(that would be the raw japanese naruto in amerika i have no idea sorry fello's)

Taiki  
IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 5:07am

This is rapidly turning into a discussion on anime, but since you were wondering about blood+ subs Taiki, I figured I should mention Shinsen-subs, who are currently on episode 43 of blood+.
And yeah, I used to watch Naruto and Bleach too, but both of them got me tired with all the boring fillers that had no real impact on the main story. The bounto thing in Bleach bored me to tears and I stopped watching at episode 78. And I swapped to the naruto manga at roughly episode 110. (This isn't all off-topic since it is kind of about my interests and therefore related to this introduction stuff, right? Wink)

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 5:43am

Welcome Lard_Kebabar,
and do not worry to much about being on topic here, nearly nobody here minds a few twists of the threads.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #10 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 10:08am

indeed we have had some interesting twists in the past.  if you want to read a really long one, check out the "what do you look like" thread.  maybe even add your pic to the collection there.  it will be in other topics a few pages back.  nevermind.  here is a link:
what do you look like?
it is 52 pages long, and i think that is the longest thead ever on this board, if i am not mistaken

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 10:35am

Yep Longest one Ever

Taiki  
IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 2:50pm

I'd like to see what the finns look like Wink Kiss

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)