Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Munitin idea (Read 1131 times)
Legionare_Atimon
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Munitin idea
Aug 10th, 2006 at 2:59pm

I was thinking would there be any way to make something for birds that had like a thin shell filled with bbs or something and when you launched it it would explode not on contact but just the force of the throw would mak it explode?

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Munitin idea
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 3:07pm

maybe the end of a long thin balloon animal balloon could be stuffed with a bunch of shot and then tied off.  it might explode in the air.  but if you are intenting to use scatter shot to hunt birds, just do it.  techstuff hunted birds for years using a sling and scatter shot (i think he used a special rig he put together, but almost any solid pouch will do) you may even want to try using the sweatshirt trim that i mentioned earlier, becuase it will hold a little lump of shot tight, until you release it and it flies out.  or you could use any kind of cupped pocket.  you might want to try this one: (try looking at old backpacks for webbing if you don't have any)
cupped sling

click the glowing thing to go there

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Legionare_Atimon
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Re: Munitin idea
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 3:33pm

Ya imgoing to try the sweatshirt sling later on i just made a medical tape sling right now and it works pretty good for scatter shot. I will make the other sling in the future as well as others.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker)