Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any slingers in Massachusetts? (Read 1269 times)
slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Any slingers in Massachusetts?
Aug 4th, 2006 at 2:20pm

It'd be fantastic to get together with a fellow slinger and discuss form and style and of course cast a few stones

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Any slingers in Massachusetts?
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 4:24pm

I was just about to post this exact same topic.... Of course I couldn't do anything. But there sure are a bunch from the commonwealth Smiley

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 4:27pm

SlingerManDan,
You've mentioned some of the reenacting that you do. Is there a place that I could find a list of upcoming events you're working on or is it more just the lexington/concord sort of thing? Perhaps we could meet if my mother dosn't know that we've already met  Tongue Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 4:33am

Bay State Slingers!  Cheesy                                                      
         Well, first of all, Slinginginmass, let me welcome you to the forum! One of the amazing and fun things about Slinging.org is that the technology lets us communicate with Slingers from all over the world.......but it is nice to have some fellow Slingers right here in my own little corner of The Big Meatball! Whereabouts in Mass are you from?                                                                                          
         CanDo, do I remember correctly that you are out in northeastern Mass and up into New Hampshire? Also, if memory serves, did you get a bit of flooding a few months back? I certainly hope you've dried out!                                                      
         As far as the schedule for re-enactors is concerned, in the Lexington and Concord area the big events are in April around Patriot's Day. You might want to check battleroad.org for a schedule as there are other events here and there throughout the year.
         A few months ago there was a thread "slinging in Antwerp" posted by Willeke. A bunch of Slingers got together for slinging and food ( or was it food and slinging   Grin ? ) and there were some pictures posted of this event. It looked like fun!                                             
         My biggest concern is that here in Mass I don't know for sure if the sling is even legal or not. They don't call this state "The People's Republic of Taxachusetts" for nothing. Sometimes it seems that EVERYTHING is illegal here. I know, for example, that slingshots ( the "Y" shaped thing with the big rubber band ) are definitely illegal.
Fortunately, I bought some property in ( God bless the great state of ) New Hampshire. Needless to say, I drive up there to do my slinging every chance I get. ( And I'm not the only one; every year there is a net loss of several thousand people from Mass! )                              
         I am, however, open to suggestions. It would be fun and informative to get together, talk shop, get a hands on look at different slings, etc. Maybe we can come up with something?                         
          Smiley                                                                     .......Dan

IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 9:16pm

Thanks for the reply Dan, I agree, we should get together and do some slingin, I can suggest a few places we can co around where I live , I'll play you some hunting horn calls too. I do not live in NE Mass, I live in North Central Mass, the Watchusett area to be more precise. Good call on the NH thing, but I have never read or heard anything aboyt the sling being forbidden in our great state. Actually, the police were looking for some kids that were playing with fireworks and when they came across me they both wanted to try my sling !!  My email address is not hidden so feel free to contact me.
                             Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Rat Man)