Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
omg! total penetration (Read 6109 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
omg! total penetration
Aug 2nd, 2006 at 7:55pm

O.K  I was messing around with peggyhttp://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11538580...
and the Idea struck me. I had just found these 6 old 3/72  round chain saw files (I was exploring a old logging camp on one of my hikes they hammer into good knife steel so though those in my pack)
So i quickly filed  the tang end of one of the files to a neddle point. Put the ten inch file facing point forward in my leather pouch. and wound up and released overhand
. first shot dug nicely into the ground. Next shot i was a little brave into a tree stump about two inches  deep it seems the file grooves allow the file  top stay in the pouchs well needles to say I sharpened all 6 files wich are all now lost btw lol but man did i fun with My tempered high carbon steel sling spears. I imagine at some point ill get more and forge spear heads on then
but then ill have to heat treat and retemper this way it takes a few minutes of filing and I have penetration with my sling instead of just raw blunt power granted I have not really used this ammo farther than twenty meters so far. but needless to say i was impressed

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Loki
Ex Member

Re: omg! total penetration
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 12:02am

Okay, not to sound like a total perv here but the title of this thread sound a little odd when you first read it, lust thought i would say that.

Loki

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 8:45am

Quote:
Okay, not to sound like a total perv here but the title of this thread sound a little odd when you first read it, lust thought i would say that.

Loki

Perhaps someting that should be reserved for PM's  Wink

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 5:37pm

I second the name change.

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Loki
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 6:10pm

I am sorry for the crude joke, I hope I have not offended anyone and if I am truly sorry.

Loki

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 6:23pm

I think it ought to be kept, purely for the fact that it's almost guaranteed to get plenty of views. I don't know, I like it, personally. Oh well, I got a laugh.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 6:41pm

i too got a laugh at that.  that is pretty cool lobohunter.  if you had success with 10 inch quick filed metal spears, imagine what you could do with those small spear heads forged onto them.  indeed, it seems another option for the big game hunters with the sling

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 7:58pm

ok so i could not resist the title.
and two yeah I will do the broadhead bit probaly post that in the big game hunting thread
as for these guys i am nailing stumps at about thirty yards with the new batch yes i am hooked on chain saw files and the whole thing is Siguys fault lol Grin

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 8:10am

Grin lobo, have you tried sort of making your own files of sorts?  i mean like taking a bit of metal and making something like an all metal small kestro and then roughing up the sides so it stays in the pouch?  my question though is how do you get the files to balance in the pouch?  is your pouch really that big, or are you just a premium ammo balancer?

great to see that all this is my fault.  but as soon as you stick the neighbor's cat it is no longer my fault.  then you came up with the idea all on your own.   Roll Eyes  Grin

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 6:28pm

nice Si
well i am not a great balancer the pouch I am using is a one i use for larger stones. Is about 4 inches wide. Oh and if a neibor cat gets stuck Ill make sure its in your neighborhood lol. I could make the files yes but its easier to use already made files they are cheap any way I have found them as cheap as 3/1.00 at harbor freight

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 8:31pm

Quote:
3/1.00

wow that is pretty good.

now i see how you balanced those files. 

well, good to see that peggy was resurected (even if it is a slightly less conventional form) and hopefully it will not be forgotten for many years to come

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #11 - May 7th, 2007 at 8:06pm

o.k I didnt have a cam  with me but i carefuly tried my artifact at a distance of only about ten yards with a peice half inch ply wood  it did not go though but hit side ways and stuck never the less kinda impressive lol only did the one throw though. not wanting to loose my own private peice of poison
lol
the pic is not of mine obvously
mine doesnt have the tail peice kind looks like a headless nail. a heavy nail

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #12 - May 8th, 2007 at 8:51am

Quote:
the title of this thread sound a little odd when you first read it,

it's lucky he didn't shoot two files at once then

SV

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - May 8th, 2007 at 11:26am

[url]http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1153858032 [/url]
Proper link to peggy - the lucky girl ;-)

How are you balancing these things in the pouch ? Sideways or lengthways ?
I've tried slinging small sticks and never yet got one to stand up and stay in the pouch.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2007 at 6:50pm by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #14 - May 8th, 2007 at 2:49pm

Wink I was amused by the title but...who is going to PM each other with such things?  Grin
There are a considerable amount more male members than female. Tongue

I had penetration with my trusty old frankensling when I used the railroad spikes. I'd like to manage that with stones.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)