Send Topic Print
Hi from NJ (Read 2645 times)
cipher20
Tiro

NJ, USA
Hi from NJ
Jul 31st, 2006 at 1:22pm

Hi all!

In addition to slinging I also like traditional archery and a wide assortment of primitive crafts generally involving wood and textiles.  *read: I will pump you all for crafting info.. Smiley*

Ciao,
Matte

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Hi from NJ
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 2:23pm

Welcome Matte,

It is always nice to see new members, it is even better when the new members share some of my hobbies.
I have worked with textiles for hobby most of my life, and am a member of the international guild of knot tyers, and am known to take a question from here to other knot tyers if needed. So ask away.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

cipher20
Tiro

NJ, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 7:25pm

Thank you.  I appreciate the offer of future help.  Currently as far as slinging is concerned, I am still doing research.  I have made many Peruvian style slings, but information on the methods of various Asian slings is still eluding me.

Thanks again.  I'll post all of my findings for the benefit of others as I come upon them.

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 2:01am

Greetings, Cipher 20!                                                                
         This forum has Slingers from all over the world but I think you are the first from "Noo  Joy-zee." I've always thought of New Jersey as very urban but some years ago I read about the Pine Barrens. I was surprised that such a large undeveloped area existed, especially so close to the New York City area. This was some years ago when I was reading about Tom Brown "The Tracker" who learned primitive skills from an old Indian ( I don't remember if this was a relative of his? ) As you can see, many people here like primitive stuff, including me! I look forward to reading your posts!!  Cheesy              .......Dan

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 11:17am

Welcome where in NJ are you?

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

cipher20
Tiro

NJ, USA
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 10:40pm

Hey Dan,

You might be surprised to find out that over 50% of NJ is actually still covered in forest.  There are still a few nice areas that let you forget about THE city.  I'm not actually from here originally though.  Arizona is my first home and where I have spent the vast majority of my life.

Ben,

I'm in Columbia, right near the PA border just off of I-80.

IP Logged

Conteilboos
Descens

USA, Arizona
Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 7:14pm

Hiya Cipher,
Welcome to the world of slinging!
I live in Arizona at the moment (moved here from Oregon...really dont like it...hehe) what part of Arizona are u from?

IP Logged

cipher20
Tiro

NJ, USA
Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 10:27am

I'm from Tempe, but I'm a bit of a wanderer.  I liked to hit the higher elevations in the Summer and spend most of the winter in the valley.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)