Send Topic Print
sling video (Read 1611 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
sling video
Jul 27th, 2006 at 12:33pm

The Higgins Museum in Worchester, Mass, is a museum dedicated to weapons.
  They have a video series on the Weapons of the Middle Ages, including a video on slings and spears.
  Go to www.higgins.org and check it out.
  Does anyone live nearby that can check the Museum out???

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: sling video
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 7:59pm

Do Ya have a direct link?? (AKA a URL to the Video)

Marc Adkins

Quote:
 They have a video series on the Weapons of the Middle Ages, including a video on slings and spears.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 1:47am

Quote:

Slingbadger!                                                                           
         I work in Worcester, Mass at one of the hospitals and I drive past the Higgins every day on my way to work! Although the Higgins is on a residential road, the building is up on a hill and is easily visible from the highway which is elevated and passes through the center of Worcester. Indeed, I have been meaning to stop by for the past few months but I just haven't gotten around to it. It has been a couple of years since last I visited there. They have an excellent book shop.   
         If I remember correctly, the founder of the Museum was John Woodman Higgins, a wealthy industrialist whose family owned Worcester Press Steel. It is the largest PRIVATE collection in the USA, that is, all of that wonderful "hardware" once belonged to one person!
         I will try to check this out in the next couple weeks and I'll let you Slingers know what I find.                                .......Dan

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 11:18am

that's great slinger man dan.  i can't wait to hear what you find

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Maeglin_Dubh

Apprentice Craftsman

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 9:14pm

I've been there several times and am on pretty good terms with the Sword Guild, www.higginssword.org. Haven't been there in a while, though. Last time I saw my friend there we lamented together on the lack of ranged weaponry on display.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)