Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Super Huge Thank You... (Read 3082 times)
southpaw
Descens

Super Huge Thank You...
Jul 10th, 2006 at 10:36pm

Greetings,

I'm new on the forum, having just obtained my account, and so I just want to say a GREAT hugemongous thanks for all the wisdom you folks have shared here, especially Matthias with all the help he gave via email.Wink This is a wonderful place and I delight in the day I found this site.

Cheers,

southpaw

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Re: Super Huge Thank You...
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 11:09pm

Southpaw,

I am assuming that means your a leftie. Welcome to the community. Nice to have another leftie around by the by.

nightweave

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 11:27pm

Why would that mean leftie? Anyway, it seems that we're all lefthanded (I am anyway).

Southpaw,
Welcome! I hope you have a great time slinging, and pick up many new skills while you're here Smiley

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:52am

Welcome southpaw!

See you around!

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 3:46am

Hey CanDo,

Southpaw is a boxing term for left hand hitter.

It could be just cause it sounds cool, pity I didn't think about it other wise I would have given my handle as Sinister. (Also means left.)

nightweave

PS Maybe we could start a subculture of slinging and be the Sinsiter Slingers... wait that's my inner megalomanic coming out again.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 4:33am

Welcome southpaw. Always glad to have one more. Smiley

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 2:31pm

i am right handed, so not all of us are leftie. 

welcome to the gang southpaw.
i wish you many true glans and strong slings

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

southpaw
Descens

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 6:00pm

Yes, in regards to my name, I am a lefty. 8)  Thanks for all the support, guys.
Also, I have been researching and surfing on this site quite a bit, so thankfully I'm not entirely a newbie. Roll Eyes

Thanks,

Southpaw

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 1:02am

Southpaw,                                                                         
         Greetings!  Cheesy  And welcome to the forum! I too browsed for quite a while until I signed up. And I'm glad I did! One of the most interesting things about Slinging.org is that slingers are from all over the place. My location is in Gardner, Massachusetts about 50 miles west northwest of Boston. Would you tell us where you are from?
         If Matthias has been giving you help by e-mail, I would guess that you've already made a sling and proceeded to use it. I look forward to reading your posts!    Smiley Grin                         .......Dan

IP Logged

southpaw
Descens

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 3:51pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the support!Cheesy

So, getting down to business;

In answer to your first question, I'm actually a Canadian slinger.Shocked ( And no, I don't drink beer all day or live in an igloo; actually, it's pretty mild over here these days...) I live in Abbotsford, BC, which is close to Vancouver.

Secondly, yes, I am quite familiar with the sling. I have been fascinated by it since I was about 8 yrs old, and have made about 50-60 different "breeds" of slings ( but after looking at all the masterpieces here none of mine are really worth mentioning...*sniff*) Cry
Throughout the years, due to lack of resources, I haven't been very successful in my quest for skilful rockchucking, until I found this site. Cheesy  So, for the past couple months, I have been practicing the fig. 8 and the greek overhand.

So that's the story up till now.

southpaw

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 6:12pm

Southpaw,                                                                              
         That's funny; I thought all Canadians drank beer and ate back-bacon. Yup, three square meals a day!                                          
         If you live in B.C. that would put you on the other side of the continent from me. Zowie!                                                            
         I have never been able to accomplish the figure-8 without whomping myself upside the head   Shocked  so I've stuck with the Apache style. Since you have a good deal of experience with the sling I'm sure you can give us useful information in your posts!  Smiley          .......Dan

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 6:18pm

Hei Southpaw, I am Canadian as well

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 10:28pm

Good to see you made it! 8) We'll have to see about those mud flats a bit later...

IP Logged

southpaw
Descens

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 11:49pm

Goodness, what feedback!!! Grin 
Of course, Slinger-Man-Dan, that's just what we do. (besides traveling by dog sled and going on seal hunts...man, the stories I could tell about my new harpoon! Cheesy)  ANYWAY, about the useful info I could divulge...hmmm, it'd probably be more of a(n) highly disturbing, life-threatening, embarrassing slinging story that would apply, but we'll see about that. Tongue (also, I could present you with 40-50 different slings that wouldn't work. Wink)

Yes, about the mud flats, Matthias, let's get together someday and relocate some granite. ( or quartz, if you prefer... Grin)

southpaw

IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Reply #14 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 10:19am

Welcome,

It is always good to have another Canadian around here.

I have to go now...my igloo is melting and my back bacon is getting cold Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)