Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Photo Experiment (Read 4727 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: Photo Experiment
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 3:37pm

Got to hand it to you nightweave,  You are a doer, not a talker!  I am under the impression that the slinger in the photo is not you.  Is this correct?

8)

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 3:48pm

Nightweave,
When you have a second sesion, maybe you can mark you tennisball with dots or lines, that will show the movement of the ball better.
If you look at this photo that Yurek's son made, (Yurek was slinging) you see the dots moving.
This is one of the photos out of the thread I mentioned before. ( http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11457560... )

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 6:07pm

those are nice photos nightweave.  good job.  that looked like  a staff slinger in the background.  did he come with that or did he take that from you?

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:36pm

TechStuf,

That is none other than nightweave. I'm a great believer in the put your money where you mouth is. Comes from being a father to a twenty month old daugther I suppose. (Or could be I am a stubourn so and so)

Matthias,

Ummm yeah the period called modern medieval. Australia isn't known for it's lack of sunshine and it was bright that day.  I'll talk to my photo guys and see if they have a strobe flash.  We have plans already for about two weeks from now. Though I won't have lead bullets by then I'll do more on the tennis ball. At least we can work out speed of rotation and if I am lucky how much the Magnus effect has on the tennis ball.

Then on to the aerodynamics of the other types of ammunition.

Willeke,

I had some tennis balls that were coloured black and red, sadly those didn't turn out in the 80+ shots we did for release. Will have to colour all my tennis balls that way for next time. (Only did eight of them out of 26)

Siguy,

Thanks

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Zwiebeltuete
Descens

Fly! Angel, fly!

Germany, near Nuremberg
Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 9:50am

Some time ago I considered doing a picture sequence, but I have only access to normal 25fps equipment. Maybe next time I will also make single images of an movie in case the quality is good enough. Even so a 25fps movie might have good enough photos for a talented artist to draw a slinging sequence.

Zwiebeltuete

Slinging since 2005-09-24.
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 11:40am

I should be more careful. 25 fps is more than enough to show the slinging motion - it just isn't fine enough resolution to capture the "snap" and be able to calculate speeds. If the goal of the project is to get an accurate visual representation of the slinging motion, and not to run the numbers, then the requirements open up quite a bit. For something like a fig-8, where the windup probably takes close to a full second, you might need to drop quite a few frames in order to not clutter up the show.

Matthias

IP Logged

slinger
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 4:27pm

We should just bug the heck out of mythbusters and tell them a myth with a  sling  then when they do the myth they will show the slow mo  viedo and we can get all the info we need

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 4:43pm

i rather like that idea  Grin

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 7:16pm

Matthais,

If we are talking film not photo's:

25 frames per second is PAL format, NTSC is 30 frames per second so unless you're buying American flim camera's you get that with a normal flim camera. Human eye see continious motion at 24 frames per second.  Problem as you said was detail more frames per second more detail.

I have a video camera I can get up to NTSC (30FPS) but I doubt that would give me the level of detail we are talking about. I'll try it...Give me about three weeks.

Slinger and Siguy,

If you can get Myth Busters to do that I'd be impressed.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 7:46pm

well i signed up for the discover forum and went to the mythbusters site and put up a post suggesting a plausible sling related test that could show the power and accuracy of a sling.  well let's just hope that it gets an episode!

IP Logged

slinger
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #25 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 2:26pm

i go on discover/Mythbusters and bug them too

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 9:03am

cool :p would be fun to see em do it Cheesy i hope the get a decent felo to sling if they do it...

Taiki  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #27 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 11:06am

well i suggested they find an experienced slinger in the area and use them, so we'll see...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)