Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Think I made a convert (Read 1423 times)
SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
Think I made a convert
Jun 28th, 2006 at 6:55pm

One of my gaming buddies saw my sling and liked it. I just got done braiding one for him. It came out better than the last one I did for myself.

Frank

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Think I made a convert
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 7:46pm

that's good news.  perhaps he will be a new member?

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 12:15am

Good work, SilverFoxKnows!                                                   
         I have demonstrated my sling for a few people and they are always impressed and intrigued. Spread the Art!                           
         Has your friend actually tried hurling some rocks? Have you discussed some of the historical aspects of the sling ( show him the historical gallery here on Slinging.org. ) I've also found that people are surprised by the long history of the sling.                     .......Dan

IP Logged

SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 11:03am

He hasn't tried slinging rocks yet. But I did tell him some of the history of the sling. This is the same guy who has a drinking horn so I knew the history wouldn't be lost on him. He's supposed to come to the 4th of July BBQ, I can give it to him then.

Frank

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 4:54am

Just did my bit. We had an archery day at my metal weapons group. Took along my slings and did a prep demonstration for next week.

Nearly every body had ago at slinging. We even had a Mary Rose replica bow there (120+ pound bow) only one guy at the archery day was strong enough to pull it. They were impresesed with the distance the arrow went and just to show him that the bow wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread I put an under-arm shot (with a rock) the same distance he put his arrow.   

So after a day full of slinging, showing people how to sling and generally having a full on day getting my accracy up day. I think next archery day that comes around will see not just me on the field with a sling.

nightweave

PS If you know anyone who does poi they can learn the figure eight after one demonstration. I hadn't even finished mine when the girls that did poi did perfect figure eight's.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 5:47am

Hi Nightweave. I think you might have to explain "poi" to some of our members who are not familiar with Australia/New Zealand. Smiley

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 9:26pm

Doh!

Poi um.... balls on string that you whirl round you and sometimes people set thier poi of fire while whirling them so that it looks really cool.

I should probably put a link in to poi up....  www.homeofpoi.com

Also part of what people call the contact juggling group...hmm might stop there otherwise you're going ask what that is too.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 10:11pm

Contact juggling is neat!  Haven't tried it, but I have seen it (though at the time I did not know what it was called).  What I remember is the person rolling the ball up his arm, across his shoulders and the back of his neck, down his other arm, then back again.  There's other moves like rolling it continually down one arm, then the other, then the one, then the other; you have to move your arms to get the ball to drop off one hand onto your other forearm.  Google "contact juggling" and you will find some good instructional sites.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #8 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 11:10pm

Been a fan of Michael Moschen's ever since I saw his
hand work
in the movie:  'Labyrinth'.

8)

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 6:53am

I actually pen spin which comes under contant juggling but I not the anywhere near as good as some of the guys on pentrix.com.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick)