Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
International Slinging Federation (Read 14892 times)
Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: International Slinging Federation
Reply #75 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:34am

With the amount of slingers we have in many countries, a representative is the best we can hope for.
WE have had several people from the Netherlands active on this forum, on ime or an other, but they come and go. If we were going to have a committee with precident, treasurer and secretary we would not have common members left, at this stage.
I think the same goes for countries like Norway and Sweden, while in some countries we have had one member and not more.

At this moment we have enough members in the USA to start a national organisation. But most members there do live so far apart that meetings are hard to get going.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #76 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 3:01am

How many meetings would we actually need? A couple of meetings a year with some type of competition included would "kill two birds with one stone". Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #77 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 6:19am

Quote:
I just thought that each country should have its own representative.

Then I nominate Willeka to be the Lowlands representative. Taiki you want to second that?

Yay! Willeka for president

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #78 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 9:32am

There should be some kind of limit, like, when it's more than that many members in a country, it has to have a representative. It's no use in a representative here actually, when there are not more than highly 5 other than the reperesentative. I can take the post as the representative here then... Tongue

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #79 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 1:28pm

To confuse the issue even more, I found this old topic about target slinging, so have fun reading it:
Accuracy Comparison & Competition http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=10775926...

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #80 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 5:31am

Quote:
Then I nominate Willeka to be the Lowlands representative. Taiki you want to second that?

Yay! Willeka for president

sure i will we need someone who has the brains to do it right and seeing i don't qualify for that and you have already elected Willeke   Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #81 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:24pm

So does this mean that the Netherlands now has a National Slinging Federation and a President?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #82 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 2:07am

No, it means that we have a few people with dreams and wishfull thinking.
I would not be willing to be the president of a slinging organisation and will only be a local repesentative if I believe the international organisation is a good one, well run and thrustworthy.

Willeke

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #83 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 4:37am

Wishful thinking? I'm not so sure about that. In any case, which do you think should come first? An International federation, or national federations which would combine to form an international federation?

John Walker  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #84 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 4:53am

I've been thinking about wishing.....and I have a feeling that the ISF will be a necessary agency in the near future, as slinging will....without a doubt, soon be 'thrust' into much greater public awareness.  If we are not prepared to deal effectively with the wildfire of slinging newbies to be sweeping across the globe, then our sport could suffer greatly.   Serious organizational efforts are critical for securing and maintaining legitimacy of the sport, especially during it's impending explosive growth phase.

8)

TS
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:55pm by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #85 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 4:59am

And entertaining chatter pertaining to poisons, explosives and incendiaries on the only website in existence continually dedicated to open discussion of slinging as a sport should, in my opinion, be avoided in the future.

Methinks our sport (or at least this particular representative) faces an uphill battle the way it is......

Undecided

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #86 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:19am

Entertaining chatter will always be just that. While I agree we might be better off focusing more on slinging, this forum is also the only opportunity to converse with like minded souls from around the world for most of us and if we stray from the topic of slinging then I would just call it friendly discourse (entertaining chatter).

John Walker  
IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #87 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 2:06pm

Quote:
if we stray from the topic of slinging then I would just call it friendly discourse (entertaining chatter).

Depending on the topic, I might call it the same, however....Religion, Evolution...etc. aren't currently quite as 'actionable' as the topics I've described.  We'll see how entertaining such discourse becomes after the first time some idiot gives us all a black eye after trying to pull off a stupid stunt in a populated area, his home computer pointing towards his motivation.....
'entertaining chatter' hosted at Slinging.org.

TS
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:57pm by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #88 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 8:59am

you have a good pointt here TS i have read things here a person in his right mind will never (and should never) try Yet there are always children who will try it if they stumble across it. for instance the fireball project of our friend tito is one of those things no sane man should try in a populated area and i know your not going to do just that tito your smarter;) still these things might indeed be better not discussed at the same place where people are indeed trying to create a sporting federation..

Taiki  
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #89 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 10:48am

so what - should we have a hidden thread for "checked" members only?

fireball project is just too much fun to be forgotten  Wink

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man)