Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question on casting Styles listed at wiki (Read 1402 times)
nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Question on casting Styles listed at wiki
Jun 25th, 2006 at 5:52am

Hey back again,

Would like a consensus on this before I go deleting/amalgamating someones good work.  Have a look at the under hand styles both the back hand and the across the shoulder.

Both read basically the same to me and seeing as I don't know the differance... well as you can see my dilema. If there is a difference then  I'd like an more detailed explaination of both slinging styles so I can fix the problem.

Oh and the video link is set up for Microsoft cetric viewing. If we could get a copy in MP4 format and up loaded or just send me a copy I'll do the rest of the work linking it correctly. (As long as MP4 is an acceptable file format)

Nightweave

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: Question on casting Styles listed at wiki
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 7:47am

The two styles are quite different.  The backhand style is like a frisbee throw, the sling go from left the right infront of you.  The across the shoulder method have the sling behind your body like Michael Angelo's statue of David and then go into an underhand throw.

IP Logged

nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
Re: Question on casting Styles listed at wiki
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2006 at 3:48am

Cool then they stay where they are on the wiki.

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus)