Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First rocks throught the braided sling (Read 2774 times)
Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Re: First rocks throught the braided sling
Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 3:31pm

other alternate ending:
burly guy beats you up for beating him at throwing the rock Roll Eyes

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #16 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 11:15am

Alternate, alternate ending: you run off a safe distance from the big burly fellow and channel the amazing abilities of Tint, Jurek and the Balaeric slingers of old and wing a pebble off his cranium, dropping him and winning you the day and the girl! Ah, the romance and magic of slinging! I do like the apache style sling, though. It's big and heavy enough to stand up to a lot of abuse and can sling pretty much anything. It's my secondary sling, behind my cotton cord and leather pouch one.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 2:29pm

I prefer the elongated stones in my sling, but the pouch itself is relatively wide so they sit more securely inside it.

I have a problem with smaller, lighter rocks..they always go the wrong way, behind me or skewed to the left from where I aim.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #18 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 9:39am

Quote:
I find that sometimes rocks fall out because the sling is too long/heavy and I can't get it around fast enough to keep the rock in the pocket. Smaller rocks would then work better because they require less force to stay in the pocket where larger ones fall out under the same conditions. That's why I use a solid pouch sling. Killing myself over finding ammo of "just the right size" isn't worth it. The best thing about a sling is that supposedly you can use pretty much any rock you find on the ground. a solid pouch allows me a much wider range of ammo types, weights etc...(i.e. I can sling both oblong and round ammo with a solid pouch, but only semi-oblong with a split pouch.) My advice is get a solid pouch and alleviate all your problems.

hi,
I mostly use a split pouch. Sometimes with a new one the stone drops out a few times but after 10 minutes i'm used to the sling and it doesnt happen.
As to the size and shape of ammunition I mostly have no problem. When I was in Antwerp  I used the same split pouch sling for the stones, of various shapes and sizes, and tennis balls we lobbed to each other.

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #19 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 9:45am

Quote:
I prefer the elongated stones in my sling, but the pouch itself is relatively wide so they sit more securely inside it.

I have a problem with smaller, lighter rocks..they always go the wrong way, behind me or skewed to the left from where I aim.

most of the experienced slingers here say to use large stones to start with and I think that that was one of the best bits of advice I picked up from this forum.
Now I sling stones less then half the size I began with.

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)