Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My slinging experiences (Read 1402 times)
JRFall
Novicius

Michigan
My slinging experiences
Jun 16th, 2006 at 2:54pm

Hey folks! Just thought I would let you know about my experiences so far in slinging. I made two braided slings last January or so, but I was not able to get out and start using them until late April. I was having a good bit of fun with them in a local park. I really wanted a sling with a leather pouch, but I could not get any leather around here. Then one day, I spotted a pair of work gloves. Those things have a whole lot of leather in them once you get them apart, and one glove was enough to make three pouches. So, now I have three nice leather slings, of various lenght, and I am working on coming up with a nice portable target that I can bring to the park with me, so I can work on that aim a bit.  It has been a lot of fun so far, and I love when people wander over and ask what it is I am doing. The area I live in is pretty tourist heavy in the summer, and I had a family of Japanese tourists watching me for about an hour and a half one day.

-Jason

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Re: My slinging experiences
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 3:06pm

Lol nice, its always fun to have a crowd, but kind of bad when the rock slips out and flies UP into the air, scattering everyone lol. But anyways, i see your new so... WELCOME! to slinging.org!
Although.... im just a kid why am i doing the introductions? this isnt fair! I WANT A LAWYER! CHILD LABOR!
Sorry.... i flip like that sometimes.... Anyways ya... welcome! Grin Grin Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 3:31pm

Welcome to the wondefull world of slinging.
Yep I know the feeling you described.
When i was slinging in Fort Worth on a low water crossing of the Trinity River I had a couple of retired folks watch me up on the banks.
Just be carefull when slinging in public my best distance that day was about 100 meters in the wrong direction. the rock inpacted on the other bank. It had a walking trail next to it  Embarrassed
Keep trying and have all sorts of fun

Marc Adkins

Quote:
Hey folks! Just thought I would let you know about my experiences so far in slinging. I made two braided slings last January or so, but I was not able to get out and start using them until late April. I was having a good bit of fun with them in a local park. I really wanted a sling with a leather pouch, but I could not get any leather around here. Then one day, I spotted a pair of work gloves. Those things have a whole lot of leather in them once you get them apart, and one glove was enough to make three pouches. So, now I have three nice leather slings, of various lenght, and I am working on coming up with a nice portable target that I can bring to the park with me, so I can work on that aim a bit.  It has been a lot of fun so far, and I love when people wander over and ask what it is I am doing. The area I live in is pretty tourist heavy in the summer, and I had a family of Japanese tourists watching me for about an hour and a half one day.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 3:33pm

Don't know might it have to do with summer vacation.
And don't you have to be paid before it's considered LABOR???
So right now you are doing child volunteering which is perfectly legit  Grin

Ok I'm getting outta here before the stones start landing

Marc Adkins

Quote:
Lol nice, its always fun to have a crowd, but kind of bad when the rock slips out and flies UP into the air, scattering everyone lol. But anyways, i see your new so... WELCOME! to slinging.org!
Although.... im just a kid why am i doing the introductions? this isnt fair! I WANT A LAWYER! CHILD LABOR!
Sorry.... i flip like that sometimes.... Anyways ya... welcome! Grin Grin Grin

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 6:31pm

hey, welcome to the gang.  i wish you many true glans and strong slings.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 11:42pm

Yeah, welcome!

I wish you ...er...many true glans too! Grin

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 11:53pm

Hi JR, Welcome to our group of misguided children.I'm sure you will fit right in Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 12:52am

Greetings JRFall,                                                                     
         Welcome to the forum! I applaud your ingenuity in obtaining materials for making your slings. Have you looked at the members gallery here on Slinging.org for more ideas? There is some amazing stuff there.                                                                                     
         Whereabouts do you live that you have many tourists ( I am right about in the center of New England in north central Massachusetts, myself. There is some tourism around here but not a huge amount; much more the closer you get to Boston. ) Your next step, of course, would be to have some of these tourists try your slings themselves. Spread the art! And then post to tell us about your experiences  Cheesy !                                                 .......Dan

IP Logged

Rebel

I love Slinging.org!

Norway
Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 5:16pm

Welcome JRFall.
I started slinging this april also.
So far I have made 5 staf slings, 5 slings w/nylon rope and 3 braided slings. Smiley
I have thrown maybe ca 500 stones.
I use the sling almost every day this summer, but i have some problem finding nice stones to throw. I am thinking about going to the Beach and collecting some nice round stones.

Kill one, and you are a murder- Kill millions, and you are a conqueror- Kill them all, and you are God.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)