Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First sling, first post (Read 1154 times)
SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
First sling, first post
Jun 15th, 2006 at 12:44am

I found this place from a link on a blade message board I frequent. So tonight at work I dug around in my bag and came up with some paracord and tried my hand at the braided sling Victor Escobar put up under Guides and Articles. I did the little 46cm sling. After hours I lobbed a piece of hard candy across the office. More often than not it went the general direction I intended (forward Roll Eyes). The pocket ended up a little small for golf balls, though. Maybe this weekend I can actually sling a rock. Lots of good info for a newbie, here.

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Re: First sling, first post
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 12:52am

Betcha can't braid .... just one. 

Since you have cast a candy in the correct general direction ....you are now officialy on the hook.

Welcome to the mob and may you braid, knot and tie many more.

You will need to try slings in several different lengths and with different types of pouches to find the one that is just right for your style (there are several to choose from) and just right for your ammo.  Grin

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 2:06am

Greetings, SilverFoxKnows,                                                      
         Welcome to the forum! So after reading this website you have just made a sling and you are using it to hurl perfectly good candy, instead of EATING the candy. And you are slinging INSIDE an office?
         I can see that you will fit right in around here.  Wink  Welcome aboard!                                                                       .......Dan

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 2:09am

And.......how did your co-workers react to being pelted with high velocity candy?     Angry ??     Shocked ??     Cheesy ??

IP Logged

SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 11:42am

I slung the candy after everybody else left for the night. Although I did make a little catapult out of a pencil holder, two pencils, two rubber bands and a plastic spoon. I lob the occasional candy corn at a coworker Tongue

I haven't had a chance to really sling anything with the braided sling and already I'm working on a second one. I found a piece of scrap leather and some silk cord. This one should hold bigger ammo.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Frank

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 2:13pm

sounds like some good first experiances.

keep it up, and welcome to the gang

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 9:32pm

Welcome to the family, SFK. I think you're going to fit in just fine. We're a little weird, okay unique, and we're definitely different, but we're all good folk. Welcome! Keep practicing with those candies after hours, chief!

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)