Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
yet another slinging book (Read 1060 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
yet another slinging book
Jun 13th, 2006 at 4:04pm

here is another slinging book that i found on the internet.  it looks decent enough, but i don't know.  it also comes with a basic sling made by the guy selling it.

any that are feeling adventurous, let us know how it is if you buy it.

http://www.survivalsheath.com/knives/index.htm

btw; it looks really pricy for a book that doesn't look very big.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Re: yet another slinging book
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 6:37pm

Where do they talk about a book?

Oh, scroll down to the bottom of the right-hand sidebar, and click on the link labelled "The David Sling and Book".

Or just follow
this link
directly to the page concerned with the book.

Oh, horrors!  Clicking on my link did NOT take me to the sling book page, it just took me back to their knife page.  Oh, these idiots are using FRAMES!  No wonder the link doesn't work!

Oh, sorry, I'm off on a rant about web-page design.  This forum is about slinging, not web page design.  Sorry.

OK, breathe deeply, calm down, think about rocks and targets ... think about stupid web-page designers AS targets ...

OK.

Once you have made it to the page about the book, click on the picture (which brings up a new window with a larger copy of the picture) and take a look at the title and author.  All these guys did was pick up a few copies of Cliff Savage's book, package it with a sling, and double the price.

And it is hard to tell for sure, but the sling reminds me suspiciously of the designs Knollslinger and Lobohunter showed us.  Maybe they just have a rectangular pouch with cords tied to each corner.

And they stole the marketing idea from the "Complete Klutz" publishers ... I have their book that teaches how to juggle, it is called "
Juggling for the Complete Klutz
" and it came with three little beanbags.  Well written, good instructions.

Well, there's one good thing about this.  Savage's book uses a typeface on the cover, that reminds me of the Hebrew alphabet.  That's clever.  I like it.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2006 at 7:44pm by Dale »  

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

David

Per Humilis Funda Sic
Validus Gigas Eram Interimo

Upstate NY
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 6:52pm

If your interested in the book I just wrote my opinions on it on another post here http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11499903...

BTW my copy was only $8.95...and not entirely worth it so thats 16 for a simple sling.... turning a heavy profit on that one.

I belive in Miracles, you sexy sling, you sexy sling.
davnasca  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 8:05pm

oh, okay.  i did not realize that it was the same book that i had read the review about in the other thread.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 9:48pm

cool  I wonder if it is knoll slingers design. or possibly theextra hole and loop of mine hopefuly its not mine because mine really is a bullet sling

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Kick)