Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Beat This Slinging Location (Read 3197 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Beat This Slinging Location
Reply #30 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 1:32pm

i wonder with the speeds those trains get too.  wouldn't such high speeds have some adverse effects on people not conditioned for that sort of thing (like anyone not a jet fighterpilot or and astonaut)

but otherwise, that is all great.  as i have said before, and probably will again, science is truly great.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 3:20am

I think that 800 kilometres per hour is tremendously fast, and there might have to be some kind of conditioning, but I really don't know.  People fly in planes at around 500 miles per hour, so...  And the maglev train in full operation in Shanghai seems to be working well.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 12:40pm

If the building of the speed takes long time, as well as dropping the speed, it will not be a problem.

It is fast changes of speed that are hard to take.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 1:22pm

That's true.
  The main reason these trains are not being built in vast numbers is because they cost so much - about £8,000,000 per mile of track, or something similar.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)