Indoor ammo (Read 7541 times)
Kanec
Tiro

Glass rings where the
sling flings

Slovakia
Re: Indoor ammo
Reply #45 - Mar 28th, 2007 at 2:51pm

I use newspapers rolled tight into a ball and wrapped in duct tape, if you press it really hard, it is not that bad..and very easy and fast to make

The basis of justice is to hate everyone equally;)

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #46 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 12:30am

Wrap some big erasers in the paper for more weight.

Now, I can't sling indoors anymore because the rubber+newspaper+cloth ammo leaves some strange colours on the painted wall in my mothers room. Sad

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #47 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 5:03am

Use clean white paper as outer layer.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #48 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 5:30am

That is not going to work because the impact is so great that the even the thick newspaper inside shatters into small bits. The paper outside will sure break open after a couple of throws.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #49 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 5:45am

Put it in a (clean white) sock?

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #50 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 7:18am

just use ping pong balls wrapped in bubble wrap.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

P.W._Smith
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Seattle WA
Reply #51 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 3:28pm

My favorite indoor ammo is: Take 2 sheets of printer paper...then crumple them together into a big ball (try to get it as small as possible)... and then wrap the whole ball with 2 or 3 layers of duct tape...Done...it has enough weight to be consistent, and it doesn't really ricochet...
Derek

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #52 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 7:35pm

Lets see to put it delicately ...... Don't aggravate/anger the female spousal unit

I think in their world actually slinging cheese is grounds for justified marital homicide.

Marc Adkins
Just in case.....
Sweetie I would never contemplate slinging any dairy items in our humble abode
'Cause I'm a man and I can change if i have too ....I guess  Grin

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jan 27th, 2007 at 5:58am:
Quote:
First Rule don't cheese off momma

What on earth ??

But I'd definitely draw the line at slinging mommas cheese Smiley

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Algoblin
Tiro

Reply #53 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 3:55pm

I don't think I keep up with the topic and is it indoor ammo anymore, but letme tell :

This one time, instead of making homework I entered my workshop/workstall etc. and made a new sling. I was eager to try it, but it was dark, cold and unrocky outside. I figured out, that I needed something silent (mother sleeping). So I took a used up 9V Battery (the squarey one), inserted it in leather and put it in a cut piece of the thick spongy sponge You cover pipes with (an isolating one). I spinned, whammed at a ceramic fireplace but hey - as much sound as a tennis ball bouncing.

It Ricochets so it's not good, but the point is it was well-weighted and really silent.

However, slinging a pancake should be considered crime.
Algoblin  
IP Logged

1srelluc
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 2:27am

My wife has/had one of those "stress balls" she was given at work. It works great. Its about one step up in hardness from a nerf ball and extreamly slingable indoors. Its good to pratice my baseball type overhand style with. When the wifey is away of course.

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Wyoming Shoshone River Valley
Reply #55 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 9:21pm

I use a 1 3/8" diameter neoprene rubber ball purchased from McMaster-Carr industrial supply.  In the past they have cost about a dollar apiece and have good mass, flight characteristics and bounce off most walls.  If you want to be aggressive with them it is best to find an interior brick wall however.  They are also white which makes them good to find if you venture outside with them.

GN
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2007 at 3:46pm by Gunsonwheels »  

George N

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, vetryan15)