Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Indoor ammo (Read 7548 times)
winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: Indoor ammo
Reply #30 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 8:31pm

First Rule don't cheese off momma, Especially if and when like Susanmomof2  she knows where all the implememnts of personal destruction are and guys it don't take a whole lot of skill to use an Axe on someone while he's sleeping.
In others words i would come to a very bloody and sudden end in my sleep if I even thought of doing something like this

Oh yeah just in case
I LOVE YA SWEETIE  Grin

Marc Adkins

Jaz wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 6:11pm:
lobohunter wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 4:37pm:
make small water ballons then freeze them

For indoor ammo?  Shocked

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #31 - Jan 20th, 2007 at 11:17am

I think for indoor ammo, it will be nice to make them as fluffy as possible to maximize drag. So, you can sling as hard as you can to give the projectile power and speed. And the power will be very limited. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #32 - Jan 20th, 2007 at 12:24pm

I've recently tried a pair of socks folded into each other.

IP Logged

Red Squirrel
Descens

A.K.A BritishandProud

U.K/G.B
Reply #33 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 4:42am

[quote author=winkleried link=1148395609/15#29 date=1168738121]I have to see if susanmomof2 will let me try that particular technique.

Marc Adkins

i highly reccomend it! Grin
    BandP

"To be. or not to be- that is the question:&& Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer&& The slings and arrows of outrageous&&fortune&& Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,&& And by opposing end them?"&& Hamlet 3i, Shakespeare&&&&    Lux et Umbra Vicissim sed Semper Amor&&&&"...Work is the scourge of the drinking classes..." Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #34 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 5:58am

[quote]First Rule don't cheese off momma[/quote]
What on earth ??

And yeah lobo isn't slinging in my house either - baseball hardness, frozen water balloons - so that's going to bounce off delicate things then :-)

How about making some small wool balls, you know cut two circles of cardboard with hole in the middle, pass wool through the hole and round till it's quite thick, cut round the edge and tie around the middle. No real weight and completely safe. also easy to use and not ruined when the dog steals them :-)

But I'd definitely draw the line at slinging mommas cheese :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #35 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 7:40am

I have to say that lobohunter's indoor ammo looks more lethal than most of the stuff I can sling out of doors. I guess he must live in an aircraft hangar or something.

For what it's worth I make indoor ammo from those plastic shopping bags. Roll them into a strip about an inch wide, then roll that up. Hold it all together and pull it in to shape with some turns of string. I know these may be on the light side for some, but they work OK for me.

With these there is a good chance that the cat will survive a hit - not to mention the windows, walls... for some of us this is important Smiley.

IP Logged

Admiral.Gallaway

Avast, me mateys, throw
'em to th' sharks

Wisconsin
Reply #36 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 12:24pm

David wrote on May 24th, 2006 at 6:39pm:
I use a 1" ball of aluminum foil wrapped in clingy plastic wrap so its soft. Easy to make, cheap, and safe!  My little brother and I even play sling dodgeball with them!

>David

I've found that this works well, I also use hacky-sacks and crumpled up balls of paper

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #37 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 5:29pm

I don't know if it is still being made, but "Silly Putty" would be great indoor ammo. It's soft and would make a satisfying  splat when it hit. it wouldn't ricochet and would be reusable.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #38 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 5:39pm

bigkahuna wrote on Jan 28th, 2007 at 5:29pm:
I don't know if it is still being made, but "Silly Putty" would be great indoor ammo. It's soft and would make a satisfying  splat when it hit. it wouldn't ricochet and would be reusable.

I did buy it, after I started slinging, because I liked the eggshaped container is came in, but the stuff has a bounce and will get dirty very fast, and even get your sling dirty by loosing little parts.
But it is still fun to play with and the containers are very slingable, when filled with something heavy.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Jaz
Descens

Reply #39 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 8:40pm

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1148395609/30#34 date=1169895536]
How about making some small wool balls, you know cut two circles of cardboard with hole in the middle, pass wool through the hole and round till it's quite thick, cut round the edge and tie around the middle. No real weight and completely safe. also easy to use and not ruined when the dog steals them :-)

[/quote]

They don't really go anywhere though. Thin cord might be better than wool, for a little more weight.

IP Logged

Selin

Sydney, Australia
Reply #40 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 2:59am

That's a really good idea...

For a while I tried aiming at a mattress I upended in the living room - seemed to work too.

Anyone tried some indoor slinging with socks full of rice?

WWW Selin  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #41 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 6:50am

silly putty will actually shatter if hit hard enough, it's a super liquid (like glass)  - so you'd end up with littly bits of silly putty leaking into the carpet - not a good idea.
as for the wool balls you could probably wedge something with a bit of weight in the middle before it was tied off and the wooly bits would act as shock absorbers. :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #42 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 4:43pm

Try tennis balls.  A little too bouncy even when punctured, but lots of time worn ones are free from your local tennis club.  They run about 2.5oz weight, but can be weighted with BB shot poured thru a small slit using a small funnel.  The slit then glued closed.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #43 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 12:08pm

If you put larger chunks of lead such wheel weight thought the small slice the weight stays in and the tennis ball stays flat and doesnt bounce
as for my other indoor ammo my requirement is mostly that it doesent bounce and that doesnt break concrete I have a indoor range set up in my basement. now if your going to sling where there are lamps and sill you must just be out of your mind
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2007 at 6:07pm by lobohunter »  
Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #44 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 1:46pm

lobohunter wrote on Jan 31st, 2007 at 12:08pm:
If you put larger chunks of lead such whell weight thought the small slice the weight stays in and the tennis ball stays flat and doesnt bounce
as for my other indoor ammo my requiment is mostly that it doesent bounce and that doesnt break concrete I have a indoor range set up in my basement. now if your going to sling where there are lamps and sill you must just be out of your mind

good point lobo but i don't have a basement so no indoor slinging for me (not that i did anyways my mom would kill me)

Taiki  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris)