Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Indoor ammo (Read 7549 times)
Jaz
Descens

Re: Indoor ammo
Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 5:34am

Well, this thread's old, but if anyone's still looking for something...Try wrapping a marble/small fishing sinker in a tissue or in paper instead of fi3l2's pennies, then taping it up with heaps of duct tape or something similar. Soft, but has a bit of weight without being too dangerous, and you can get the perfect gland shape.  Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #16 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 4:42pm

here's my indoor ammo ...  not to mention slicing a tennis pour in lead shot tape back up works well too

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Jaz
Descens

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2006 at 6:52pm

That looks heavy! Hope you've got insurance (it was the cat Wink)

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2006 at 7:14pm

they weigh about four ounces about base ball hardeness some where there is a thread on how to make them

IP Logged

Jaz
Descens

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 6:03am

To briefly revive (again) this thread: maybe a water bomb with a bit of water but mostly air in it would work. A bit risky ( Roll Eyes) but they seem not to pop easily, and there wouldn't be too much water to go all over the place.

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 11:00am

good idea but add some more balloons to it so that its stronger (got the idea from memeth at the meeting last spring  Grin)

still be carefull it Did pop and it was pretty strong Tongue

Taiki  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 4:37pm

make small water ballons then freeze them

IP Logged

Jaz
Descens

Reply #22 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 6:11pm

lobohunter wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 4:37pm:

For indoor ammo?  Shocked

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #23 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:40pm

Jaz wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 6:11pm:
lobohunter wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 4:37pm:

For indoor ammo?  Shocked

he's not slinging in my house  Shocked

Taiki  
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #24 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:24am

Here in Korea on the train, a guy was selling some rubbery blobs that looked like tomatoes and eggs, and when you threw them against a wall, they splattered, stuck and deformed like a REAL thrown tomato, or egg.  When you peeled them off of the wall, they resumed their original shape, with the yolk back in the center of the egg, etc.

I thought about how cool these would be for safe indoor slinging practice, or possibly even for some sort of mock sling dueling, or "sling dodge ball"!  If i find one of these again, I will buy some, and try them out.

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Red Squirrel
Descens

A.K.A BritishandProud

U.K/G.B
Reply #25 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 2:56pm

As it's been wet outside lately i've been slinging in my room with the cork from a bottle of Moet Chandon( a relic from my birthday Cool). it works reasonably well

"To be. or not to be- that is the question:&& Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer&& The slings and arrows of outrageous&&fortune&& Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,&& And by opposing end them?"&& Hamlet 3i, Shakespeare&&&&    Lux et Umbra Vicissim sed Semper Amor&&&&"...Work is the scourge of the drinking classes..." Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #26 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 3:44am

oh come on just small balloons

IP Logged

lololololol
Tiro

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 1:19pm

magnumslinger wrote on Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:24am:
Here in Korea on the train, a guy was selling some rubbery blobs that looked like tomatoes and eggs, and when you threw them against a wall, they splattered, stuck and deformed like a REAL thrown tomato, or egg.  When you peeled them off of the wall, they resumed their original shape, with the yolk back in the center of the egg, etc.

hey! i had these when i was a kid.  i used to toss them as hard as i could against the doors in my house.  my parents wouldnt let me toss them on the other walls though because it left a slight residue.
only problem with these is that they pick up stuff off your floor - crumbs, dirt, carpet fibers, etc - and after awhile get kinda icky.

but yeah you can throw these as hard as you want and they don't cause any damage (although you probably don't want to sling *too* hard) and they look AWESOME when they splatter.  i think they'd be great for slinging indoors.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #28 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 8:26pm

so what part of Kimchi land are you at? you can respond off list if ya want. Myself I spent about 20 months there during the GW1 timeperiod.
Yah I can see the Koreans selling something like that and ya have to admit it would be pretty Fun to have something like that here in the states Smiley

Marc Adkins

magnumslinger wrote on Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:24am:
Here in Korea on the train, a guy was selling some rubbery blobs that looked like tomatoes and eggs, and when you threw them against a wall, they splattered, stuck and deformed like a REAL thrown tomato, or egg.  When you peeled them off of the wall, they resumed their original shape, with the yolk back in the center of the egg, etc.

I thought about how cool these would be for safe indoor slinging practice, or possibly even for some sort of mock sling dueling, or "sling dodge ball"!  If i find one of these again, I will buy some, and try them out.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #29 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 8:28pm

I have to see if susanmomof2 will let me try that particular technique.

Marc Adkins

Red Squirrel wrote on Jan 8th, 2007 at 2:56pm:
As it's been wet outside lately i've been slinging in my room with the cork from a bottle of Moet Chandon( a relic from my birthday Cool). it works reasonably well

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)