Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Indoor ammo (Read 7538 times)
LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Indoor ammo
May 23rd, 2006 at 10:46am

8) Recently, I've been practising using a big plasticine ball wrapped in cling film. It's dense enough to make good ammo. And, it won't richochet. 8)

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
i know it may be off topic, but never mind :P
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2006 at 5:52am

this made me remember one of the leonardo's drawings where he came up with an idea to sling morningstar heads.

if anyone don't know how norningstar/morgenstern looks like, i'll try to find a pic or two.

the trick was - how to make it that the spikes don't wear the sling off.

he removed pouch from his sling (and basically he just had a string now), and tied up the morningstar head to a short (one inch, or less) section of a metal pipe with some wire. so the spikes don't reach the pipe part.
now just get the retention cord trough the hollow of the pipe, the gravity centers it (when folded), and smooth pipe minimizes friction on the release.

i wouldn't like to learn a figure 8 stile with that one.

anyhow, try to draw it yourself, and you will see how simple it is.

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Re: Indoor ammo
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2006 at 3:25pm

Hmmm, I was thinking today whilst studying, what about balloons filled with flour? Or a rugby shaped stress ball?

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

David

Per Humilis Funda Sic
Validus Gigas Eram Interimo

Upstate NY
Reply #3 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:39pm

I use a 1" ball of aluminum foil wrapped in clingy plastic wrap so its soft. Easy to make, cheap, and safe!  My little brother and I even play sling dodgeball with them!

>David

I belive in Miracles, you sexy sling, you sexy sling.
davnasca  
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #4 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:53pm

memmeth used a water balloon inside a stronger kind of rubber (could be a normal balloon) it's Really soft and if made ok will hold out for a while (it snapped at the meeting)

Taiki  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #5 - May 24th, 2006 at 9:37pm

Being hit by the big plasticine ball can be very painful.

IP Logged

person3

maryland
Reply #6 - May 28th, 2006 at 8:58pm

I use those rubber superballs because they are realy cheap. i also use rocks, wich is obvios if you se the holes in my bedroom wall. Tongue

"you have to be a little bit skeptical or else you'll start believing in things like UFOs or elves or income tax rebates."-Monk&&
rocket idiot  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #7 - May 28th, 2006 at 9:12pm

For slinging at other people (whom you don't want to kill):

I think that Ping-pong ball wrapped in a thick layer of rubber bands would be perfect.....

If would be soft, and very not dense, yet perfectly slingable.

IP Logged

person3

maryland
Reply #8 - May 28th, 2006 at 10:19pm

I tryed that:my younger brother was crying. Grin

"you have to be a little bit skeptical or else you'll start believing in things like UFOs or elves or income tax rebates."-Monk&&
rocket idiot  
IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #9 - May 28th, 2006 at 11:13pm

while i was at college, i used a sortof indoor ammo

i took 20-25 pennies, then crumbled 1 sheet of notebook paper around them, then took masking tape and taped it all around till it was of proper size( a little bigger than a pingpong ball)

I threw these against my door at college(nomore than 10')

needless to say.. these did not last long...
in the beginning when I really wasnt that strong w/ the sling yet they lasted maybe a week...

i tried right before i left college.... my first throw it broke and rained money in my room Cheesy  fun but not so good for indoor ammo

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #10 - May 28th, 2006 at 11:24pm

If ya didn't catch my wife's earliler post  I was using empty plastic easter eggs. I was slinging them as cat toys, cats gathered around my legs and would chase the eggs Smiley
well she put a stop to that, so I started using wadded up newspaper. cats still chase it  and I don't get in so much trouble.

Marc Adkins

Quote:
8) Recently, I've been practising using a big plasticine ball wrapped in cling film. It's dense enough to make good ammo. And, it won't richochet. 8)

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 9:59pm

Try KOOSH balls if you dont know what they are, they basicaly are a rubberband ball. But they look like a ball of rubber fur. They have weight but the hairy outside creates a good amount drag and slows it down quickly

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2006 at 4:36pm

I have these little cat toys... Just extremely light and squishy. They are the size of a golf ball and can squish down to the size of.... about... the thickness of a pencil. They are very light but supprisingly easy to sling. Needless to say they do no damage and will not go far, but they are bouncy and great fun with the cats! Grin Unfortunately most of the time when i sling the ball all the cats see is the sling and they try to eat it, missing the ball completely Roll Eyes

Grin SlingWolf Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2006 at 9:18pm

Well At least your cats are just trying to eat your sling. For some reason mine think my sling is some sort of marital aid (Wink,wink,nudge,nudge,say no more).
When I was doing the empty plastic easter eggs though they were definately more intrested in the payload than in the sling itself.

Marc Adkins

Quote:
I have these little cat toys... Just extremely light and squishy. They are the size of a golf ball and can squish down to the size of.... about... the thickness of a pencil. They are very light but supprisingly easy to sling. Needless to say they do no damage and will not go far, but they are bouncy and great fun with the cats! Grin Unfortunately most of the time when i sling the ball all the cats see is the sling and they try to eat it, missing the ball completely Roll Eyes

Grin SlingWolf Grin

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 12:32pm

Lol. But still i feel by far the best indoor sling ammo u can get is a hacky sack or beanbag of some sort. Not too heavy, not too light... and... still wont break anything if u hit a wall or door, but of course you set up the occasional "old piece of junk you dont care about any more" and it still works Grin

Grin SlingWolf Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)